Current time: 25/04/2024, 19:29 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Ex Arriva NW Palatine II's
RE: Ex Arriva NW Palatine II's
Yes indeed, there was one of these low-rent Birmingham operators that seem to come and go with regularity were operating some ex-Arriva Yorkshire Lances complete with the awful-looking black line around them.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
At least Arriva are willing to let some of there vehicles go on into further service , First on the other hand seem to be the ones that would scrap rather than let them be sold on.
(23/06/2012 17:41)Garsty Wrote:  In terms of the livery, it is partially Arriva’s fault for not doing something to the livery, such as 'black lining' it before they sold them on. Not many operators will use a bus with think black lines painted around it, but I do recall seeing one a few years ago!

I have seem one or two running around with this black line, the last vehicles I remember having such treatment were some B10Bs, I don't recall anything after them having it bar the odd Cross River Palatine. Maybe dependent on what garage they go from, or could even just be luck of the draw seeing which get the black line and which don't.

(23/06/2012 18:22)wirralbus Wrote:  At least Arriva are willing to let some of there vehicles go on into further service , First on the other hand seem to be the ones that would scrap rather than let them be sold on.

A rather stupid and immature policy IMO, I don't see why it's such a problem that some vehicles that they don't need don't get sold on and instead get scrapped. Such a waste of a lot of vehicles that would be of use to some operators somewhere!
(23/06/2012 18:22)wirralbus Wrote:  At least Arriva are willing to let some of there vehicles go on into further service , First on the other hand seem to be the ones that would scrap rather than let them be sold on.
Having seen the state some of first's buses are in towards the end of their lives I would say that that is probably for the best anyway. Can't see too many takers for 15-year old Scanias or Dart SLFs that have been round the clock goodness knows how many times and received nothing more than minimal maintenance in the meantime.
This may be of interest to you all but on saturday i saw ex arriva 3301 N301CKB going through boughton in chester towards the Roodee. Still in arriva blue but with presidential travel in the destination display.

Follow me on Flickr. https://www.flickr.com/people/135528304@N03/
(17/07/2012 16:24)clarkethomas94 Wrote:  This may be of interest to you all but on saturday i saw ex arriva 3301 N301CKB going through boughton in chester towards the Roodee. Still in arriva blue but with presidential travel in the destination display.

What time was that? because i seen it going towards bootle around 8PM!

Here is my Flickr photo stream why dont you take a look! It was last updated: 15/05/13
it was around 6pm

Follow me on Flickr. https://www.flickr.com/people/135528304@N03/
Correct it belongs to Presidential Travel now and is awating repaint as and when time allows
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I've just found a photo of N295 CKB, which seems to be with Decker Bus:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/49490214@N0...1s-photos/
(Credit to "jamie_armstrong" on Flickr.)

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(17/07/2012 21:00)clarkethomas94 Wrote:  it was around 6pm

So it must of been heading back when i seen it Smile !

Here is my Flickr photo stream why dont you take a look! It was last updated: 15/05/13

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)