Current time: 20/05/2024, 11:01 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The Weather
RE: The Weather
(26/01/2013 12:43)mathias Wrote:  
(26/01/2013 10:44)wirralbus Wrote:  The problem is when you get heavy snow is that rocksalt will only work if its ground into the surface by traffic , but unfortunately last night the snow came with little traffic on the road , so the rocksalt just sat on the surface with more snow just piling on top of it .

If the snow had come whilst there was cars on the road the rocksalt may have had some effect , but it was not to be .

You need a snowplough, not rock salt.

Some gritters have the snowplough attachment on , but some dont have the attachment on and have to have it affixed to the vehicle , paricular if they have to plough more roads than normal.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
It was a warm day yesterday the highest temperature in the region of the North West was Nantwich at 13.7c , the highest nationally was also a bit local as well Hawarden at 14.5c .

What a difference a few days make .
Lovely sunny day - but very draughty!!
With the wind feels colder than with the snow. Hope it dies down by the weekend - got to go to Dublin on Sunday, and that's not a pleasant flight when it's on the breezy side, particularly if it's blowing out of the south west.
We are in for another weather packed week of hell
Snow tomorrow apparently I saw on tonight's weather report, wasn't expecting that.
BBC weather is saying its going to we warm, this is going to be one to see

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
What weather forecast are you watching then , BBC countryfile weather says we in for a weird coldf and windy week with snow at times
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2638785

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
It doesn't appear to be quite as cold as the prevous cold snap with temperatures generally reaching + 4 and 5 whereas the daytime temperatures were just on or above freezing during the last cold snap. Although with the wind chill, it will feel more like freezing.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)