Current time: 28/03/2024, 12:38 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The Weather
RE: The Weather
I did a ride on route 883 before (in Renault Master X338 SKJ) and quite a lot of the roads around the back of Netherley going into Halewood had large amounts of water on them, no roads closed though as a result thankfully!

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(25/09/2012 17:58)DVL418 Wrote:  Footie I was planning to go and watch now off as pitch flooded. Confused

Will have to do a bit more decorating instead Angry

Never mind, I suppose it is better than getting soaked. LOL

The 2002 Bus Blog is about Transport in the North West of England and North Wales however we do venture further afield on some occasions - why not check out our latest content on our Website

My Flickr page can be found Here

Why not also check me out on YouTube - I play a variety of Simulation Games including Euro Truck Simulator 2 and SnowRunner
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Reeds Lane at Reedville Grove is quite notorious for flooding everytime there's a bit of heavy Rain. it doesn't help that's where the Road dips at the junction then rises for the level crossing.

Around the Moreton Cross area used to be similarly notorious for Flooding, but the drainage was improved a few years ago.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
Sister left house to go to work at a school in Wigan at the usual time of about quarter past 7, didnt get there until half 10 due to the roads being flooded on her usual route. 3 hours for a 1 hour journey, wow! :-P

RIP 96 - YNWA
Can't recall seeing such a bad storm on the Wirral ever!

Thunder/lightening continually for over an hour at the moment, sleet, really heavy rain and my drains are completely overwhelmed, my garden is a swimming pool with real concern about water coming through patio doors! Towels at the ready!
Had that storm over here as well, I was on the 61 when it it started, luckily by the time I got off it had passed, roads just seem to fill up very quickly, the lightning cracks from the top deck of 4433 were a sight though.
Looking on the BBC weather site before it seems that we could be in for a very unsettled week ahead with bands of rain heading for the Uk all this week.
Get your winter woolies out folks;

Forecasters are saying that an Arctic blast from Iceland will bring snow, ice, flooding and bitter gales to Britain next week, with heavy rain likely, especially in the west. They are warning that temperatures will plummet to near freezing in many areas, including northern England, with daytime temperatures 15 c lower than this time last year. Huh

They also warn that the entire country faces cold conditions and possible frosts, with the bitter weather likely to remain for the rest of October with significant snow arriving by the middle of the month!!

Micheal Fish is apparently getting his singlet and shorts back out as he says we should look forward to a month long heatwave during October! Laugh
Oh well this October looks likely to be a month with all four seasons in it .
Crazy to think that this time last year we were in the middle of a heatwave!

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)