Current time: 05/05/2024, 07:21 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

QBP Liverpool and Wirral
RE: QBP Liverpool and Wirral
That's a strange one, maybe the driver wasnt familiar with it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
M tickets (Phone Tickets) are only accepted on the company there issued by
so that means someone with an arriva weekly on their phone who lives on the 471 or 472 is stuffed as they can only travel in one direction most of the time!
yes if there in Pensby they will have to go via Irby first stupid really
(04/08/2012 18:37)SNL 824 Wrote:  so that means someone with an arriva weekly on their phone who lives on the 471 or 472 is stuffed as they can only travel in one direction most of the time!

I do think that the way the 471/2 are worked is so bizarre with Arriva in one direction but First the other direction.

A joint 10 minute service between the two routes unfortunately is the reason , if it was a joint 7/8 min frequency then a better split on the routes could be obtained .
The think both the Wirral QBP's are unfairly balanced (the Chester corridor in First's favour and Heswall corridor in Arriva's) especially considering it's only one operator at certain times of the day. Although creating a bit of dead mileage, the 10A appears to be the only balanced route in these partnerships so far.
St Helens Rider , the Wirral QBP's are unbalanced because of the timetables invariably are 20 minutely , which dont make for a good equalisation , whereas a 15 minute service would , but then we may be looking at a bit of overbussing then.
St Helens Rider, what ive been told by 'people in high places' at Rock Ferry, its supposed to be biased, that way theres more profit in it for each operator apparantly, i can sort of see what they mean (think about it, sort of).

The thing that really annoys me about this quality partnership on the wirral regarding 71/2s, is how they dont run into BBS on the way into liverpool. What sort of QBP misses out a bus station which would mean more passengers, nobody ever boards on Argyle St, bus theres always at least somebody boarding at the bus station, plus its more convenient for most passengers getting off in Birkenhead.. makes no sense really.

Luke

I am no longer active on this forum.
Having said that though Andy, there are plenty of routes which run from BBS into Liverpool, so I don't think it's that much of a problem.
Every little helps! Even if theres enough from BBS to Liverpool, it still makes sense as its more convenient for most passengers getting off..

Just a thought!

I am no longer active on this forum.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)