Current time: 24/05/2024, 19:06 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

QBP Liverpool and Wirral
RE: QBP Liverpool and Wirral
(14/07/2012 10:56)Penny Return Wrote:  Chester have 69310 on the 2

That is an improvement over what has been on the route this past week , maybe more to do with Chester races today ,Arriva always seemed to put there best buses out for Chester races days .
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
probs and whats this 10A change from aug 29th, am worried it will make the route worse as thats all thats happened since this QBP on that route has done since it came in

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Common sense might tell you like many other alterations of routes its either slight revised timings (Perhaps to allow for more journeys peak time) or alterations to the timetable to allow slightly more running time.
the last time the 10A changed i lost my early morning bus so thats why am wanting to find out as i will be unhappy if the 4:30 bus is withdrawn next

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I used the Chester - Liverpool corridor yesterday, overall I was quite pleased the way it was ran! Most of the buses I seen arrived and departed on time with reasonable loads, and a lot more passengers seemed to know how to make the most of their day tickets/weeklys as aposed to liverpool (Where some still wait for "their" operator to show up cause they're too lay/stupid to read the pre-release/post-release doccumentation).

The X2 was a strange one for me as departing on a scania ultralow towards Chester, I was one of 6 people on board, On the return with Arriva around 2pm, I was one of around 34.

Whilst at Ellesmere Port Bus Station, I was listening into a conversation of three pensioners who were slacking the service, who the claiming that "The government have done this to mess the passengers around and get as much money as they can". I kindly butted in and told them that "Chesire and Cheshire West council with Merseytravel have done such a thing to improve the service for regular commuters, your 1 is still the 1, your 401 is renumbered and your X2 is your faster bus into Chester, You'll soon be getting better buses and roads to match. The main point of a QPB is the use of Day and Weeky tickets, benefitting the PAYING passengers."

The 1 service then came in 30 minutes late, with another 10 minutes late directly behind it, Followed by the 2 which was running to schedule. I noticed this earlier when a Floline on the 1 left Chester Bus Station with a full standing load and the driver had to leave the last few passengers behind.

Overall I was pleased!
An interesting report there but if they are leaving people behind that should be telling them something...
The 1500 route 1 from Chester did not run this afternoon, with 65738 on the 1530 jouney with standing room only for anyone getting on after Chester, with seats only becoming available by New Ferry.Angry
I see the 1 is still suffering from reliability problems, the main problem being the fact of traffic round Cheshire Oaks, not to sure how busy Chester Zoo gets these days but that might not help the situation much
At times of high demand for shopping Cheshire Oaks seems to have traffic tailing back in all directions .

I think the next junction they need to look at and sort is the one at the entrance to the Cheshire Oaks / Sainsbury Entrance as that roundabout seems to be the cause of most of the problems , if it was a traffic light junction they could be timed to regulate the flow much better .

They improved the junctions on the A5117 so its just natural they start looking at that junction now .
I have a arriva weekly on my phone just getting on the stagecoach10ato liverpool and would not accept it quality bus partnership rubbish

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)