Current time: 18/04/2024, 18:12 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

QBP Liverpool and Wirral
RE: QBP Liverpool and Wirral
it is when you have got gha which is bigger in this area.

Follow me on Flickr. https://www.flickr.com/people/135528304@N03/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
A bigger company then the few independents listed above is more likely to win the bid, if resale goes ahead, as they'd be able to bid a larger price.

Go Ahead have allready expressed interest in the North West area, As have Stagecoach who have previously put in offers for Halton Transport.
GHA might be bigger in the area, but Rotala is bigger overall. Its like saying it would make no sense for Go Ahead to have bought Konectbus as they had no other operation in East Anglia... and look at them now!

Plus GHA might not want to buy the First depots as they don't fit their business style due to the heavier shift towards commercial work - isn't there another fairly large company somewhere that only operates tendered work?

On another note, perhaps if Go Ahead did buy the Chester and Rock Ferry depots, I could see them possibly acquiring GHA to quickly gain more of a regional market share.
(28/06/2012 00:31)bolton bus basher Wrote:  the 10A over the last 3 months in mid days have been getting worse slowly and now you get standing loads on a mid day trip so lets sum this up now
bus trip to college, standing load
trip home for dinner, standing load
trip back to college 50/50
trip back home, standing load

another thing thats been an issue for over 6 months all the 10/10A buses leaving Queen Square between 7 and 8pm standing load!

Fully agree. IMO it would make sense for the 10/10A, 12/13, 15, 20/21 and possibly the 14's to have majority double deck capacity than having deckers on Wirral routes taking an average of 15-20 pass using passengers - even in the peaks. 10/10A in particular is full to burst on most journeys but again it's up to Arriva, Stagecoach and also Merseytravel to put things in motion on this so sadly don't hold your breath for hybrid deckers in Liverpool!

Also just an idea why don't Stagecoach extend the terminus of their 10C to Broadgreen Hospital (Thomas Drive) using the East Prescot Road roundabout and Brookside Avenue. It would boost the bus services in an area which has poor bus links generally, would offer a much better layover than East Prescot Road in Knotty Ash and shouldn't really require any extra vehicles than the current arrangements.

Just observations/ideas.
My personal opinion is that a fully double decked 10/10A service would be wasted. I acknowledge that most journeys St Helens bound, from Liverpool, are seated and standing though which is why my proposal would see a half to majority decker operated 10A service with the 10 remaining single decked.

One thing that should have happened by now without a doubt, however, is the re-introduction of some buses on both services to not necessarily allow a greater frequency but, just to create a more reliable service by allowing some timings to be loosened. Reliability on that corridor is atrocious at the best of times.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
I think they would be better extending as far as page moss, this turn round point is bit daft in my opinion but then I don't run the business and I am sure that they have their reasons.
(03/07/2012 19:17)CX54 DKD Wrote:  My personal opinion is that a fully double decked 10/10A service would be wasted. I acknowledge that most journeys St Helens bound, from Liverpool, are seated and standing though which is why my proposal would see a half to majority decker operated 10A service with the 10 remaining single decked.

A good idea mate. Except for peaks 10's usually from Prescot onwards are fairly dead and run a lower frequency than 10A's so could be a smart move to double deck the 10A's and keep singles on the 10's. Also an idea discussed here previously is for the 10A to transfer to GL if deckers become a option for GL the 12/13's 26/27's and possibly 15's too. When I use/or see the 10's on Prescot Road/City Centre they're quite packed out and could do with a better solution than Pulsars/Enviro300's that (should) normally run these routes and the darts which stupidly also pop up on them.
(03/07/2012 19:19)MPTE1955 Wrote:  I think they would be better extending as far as page moss, this turn round point is bit daft in my opinion but then I don't run the business and I amsure that they have their reasons.

Didn't CMT have a 10C which operated to Huyton via the Kingsway and Page Moss? Perhaps Stagecoach's 10C could become something similar?
They did indeed, was dropped by Stagecoach with many other routes. Don't see why they dropped that, would have been a good money maker today. (maybe not 7 years ago, mind!)

Justice is finally here. Rest In Peace the 96, You'll Never Walk Alone.

P309 HEM|N587 CKA|Y721 KNF|N302 CKB|X223 ANC
(03/07/2012 19:37)Gillmoss 0324 Wrote:  
(03/07/2012 19:19)MPTE1955 Wrote:  I think they would be better extending as far as page moss, this turn round point is bit daft in my opinion but then I don't run the business and I amsure that they have their reasons.

Didn't CMT have a 10C which operated to Huyton via the Kingsway and Page Moss? Perhaps Stagecoach's 10C could become something similar?

I think that they did didnt they, using old Nationals most of the time.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)