Current time: 16/05/2024, 19:35 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
[Archive] Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
(28/06/2013 15:57)R874 ERE Wrote:  
(28/06/2013 09:22)YSV-205 Wrote:  I asked a similar question for Stagecoach Chester & Wirral & got plenty of answers. Is it possible to walk around the perimeter to write down some fleet numbers or are there fences in the way? I see a big brick wall down Plumer Street, so wont see anything on that side. Is there any access down the other side or at the back (driving or on foot). What are the chances of getting permission from the Garage Manager to go into the yard / garage to write numbers down by just turning up in a hi-viz vest?

Unfortunatly with Laird Street garage the only open side is the front entrance, behind is the railway and has high walls around each side.

As far as I know gaining access is difficult however phoning up wont hurt! Im not sure if anybody has had any luck getting in just by turning up and asking, worth a shot though i suppose!

I was in Birkenhead on Sunday morning & went into the depot & asked permission. That permission was granted by an extremely friendly chap at reception (thanks to you if you read this forum). He said that was fine to do & just asked me to stay between the pedestrian lines & not to go into the workshop / garage. There were approx 70 buses in the yard.
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - YSV-205 - 02/07/2013 09:05
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - 4204 - 14/09/2013, 16:37
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - 4204 - 18/09/2013, 20:41

User(s) browsing this thread: 26 Guest(s)