Current time: 16/05/2024, 09:48 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
[Archive] Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
(15/01/2013 16:43)SNL 824 Wrote:  Well I can certainly see the logic of that, but still a waste of an Enviro, particularly as their numbers start to dwindle.

The only suitable reason I see for using an Enviro is if it was for type training.
This would explain why 4158 is on 432/3/7s though!

I am intrigued.. its been mentioned that the enviros will be (and have started) leaving before the hybrids arrive to ensure theyre refurbed and ready to go, so as the enviros leave and we gain more DLAs, it sort of leaves no choice but to use the forbidden DLAs on 432/3/7s!

Today I noted a few new pulsars out and about, I couldnt help noticing the poor build quality and issues with them-
On 3129, the N/S wingmirror arm wobbles about an inch left and right everytime you go over a slight bump. Also 4 out of 6 screws on the Bus Stopping sign have wound their way out and are now missing - leaving just the 2 bottom screws holding the thing on so it rattles and wobbles around!

On 3133 the side hanover dislpay is now dead and just displays nothing.

I also noted another one (forgot to get the fleet no) and the hanover controller kept rattling around and kept slipping out of its hole, and also a headlight was out as well as the seemingly common bus stopping sign loosening fault!

It wouldnt be much of a suprise on 13 year old cadets, but on pulsars which havnt actually reached their first birthday yet.. - they seem to have been built rather badly, almost as if the screws just havnt been tightened properly on everything! A shame, especially considering how tight they where a few months ago, and even worse, considering the hundreds upon thousands that they cost to buy! I wouldn't be very impressed if I had spent many thousands on buses which are falling apart before having them a year!

Luke

I am no longer active on this forum.
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - R879 HRF - 15/01/2013 18:34
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - 4204 - 14/09/2013, 16:37
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - 4204 - 18/09/2013, 20:41

User(s) browsing this thread: 28 Guest(s)