Current time: 18/04/2024, 20:45 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

British Airways
British Airways
Check out the new BA advert online. Type in your postcode and a 777 will literally taxi past your front door!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: British Airways
done that a few times and its brilliant. good work BA
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Does anyone know how many A319s BA have in Olympic livery? I thought they had only done one, but I was at LHR this afternoon and during a couple of minutes taxiing from 27L to T1 I saw three.
The ones which I'm aware of are G-EUOH, G-EUPA, G-EUPC & G-EUPD so you were lucky to catch 3/4 of them in such a short space of time!

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
(08/08/2012 20:16)CX54 DKD Wrote:  The ones which I'm aware of are G-EUOH, G-EUPA, G-EUPC & G-EUPD so you were lucky to catch 3/4 of them in such a short space of time!

thanks for thatinfo
Now that BA's owners IAG have taken over BMI, the service from Heathrow Terminal 1 to Manchester is ceasing on October 27th. The total number of flights from LHR to MAN will be reduced as a result. My decision to fly from T1 to MAN in April has now been vindicated.

As an aside, I am due to see T5 later this month but only for local bus and train connections at that stage.
(08/09/2012 21:33)Metroline1511 Wrote:  Now that BA's owners IAG have taken over BMI, the service from Heathrow Terminal 1 to Manchester is ceasing on October 27th. The total number of flights from LHR to MAN will be reduced as a result. My decision to fly from T1 to MAN in April has now been vindicated.

As an aside, I am due to see T5 later this month but only for local bus and train connections at that stage.

I guess that was an absolutely inevitable no brainer. Some of the bmi flights were leaving at
the same time or very close to the BA flights. RIP bmi and competition, or even choice - let's wait for Branson to engage in this market.
Lots of good news today for Manchester from Ryanair,but it looks like BA are pulling the gatwick service.
The pulling of the Gatwick service isn't all that surprising - BA are going to want rid of those elderly 737 Classics soon and reducing the route network is one way of doing that. There are train links available down to Gatwick and the BA service rarely carried large numbers so pretty logical really. I'd always be sceptical about expansion from Ryanair because, as we've seen from Manchester in the past, the smallest thing can upset them and cause them to pull the plug (complaining because they had to pay the same as everyone else anybody?).

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
(31/10/2012 22:32)SNL 824 Wrote:  Lots of good news today for Manchester from Ryanair,but it looks like BA are pulling the gatwick service.

Do you know when the MAN-LGW service is ceasing? I narrowly missed out on Jet2 running this route in 2007 so may like to ride this route with BA. This route withdrawal falls hard on the heels of the MAN-LHR Terminal 1 ex-BMI service ceasing last weekend.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)