Current time: 23/04/2024, 06:26 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Cheshire West & East Tenders
RE: Cheshire West & East Tenders
(13/12/2022 20:43)iMarkeh Wrote:  I thought it best to introduce this as a new topic seeing as normally these tender updates end up in operator specific threads. We have a page for Manchester tenders and it seems to work well.

News for tenders are as follows
Cheshire West has put the 15/X30 Evening tender out. Same timetable as current. Contract due to start April 2023
Cheshire West has put the 102/103 Ellesmere Port Sunday Service tender out. Same timetable as current. Contract due to start April 2023

Cheshire East has put out a tender for a 312 Handforth and Wilmslow Circular. Mon-Sat, PVR 1. Apparently using S106 developer funding. Tender due to start Feb 2023 for 1 year, possible 1 year extension (so upto 2 years in all). Bus must be Euro 6 to comply with Greater Manchester Clean Air Zone.
Service to run from what seems to be the housing development adjacent to Handforth Dean (but it suggests it doesn't serve Handforth Dean Tesco).
Timetable and route description: https://prnt.sc/pScmm3zftFFp

Any update on the 15/X30 and 102/103 tenders

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Both Cheshire councils have diverted some funding due to Arriva closing Macclesfield and Winsford depots. The Northwich locals are being axed on Sundays. That wasn't expected but no one was willing to run replacement Barnton services on weekdays without a subsidy. Stagecoach have just won a contract to provide evening and Sunday Chester to Crewe services (currently operated by Arriva).
(10/04/2023 19:35)chester285 Wrote:  Any update on the 15/X30 and 102/103 tenders

I was wondering the same thing?
(10/04/2023 19:48)knutstransport Wrote:  Both Cheshire councils have diverted some funding due to Arriva closing Macclesfield and Winsford depots. The Northwich locals are being axed on Sundays. That wasn't expected but no one was willing to run replacement Barnton services on weekdays with a subsidy. Stagecoach have just won a contract to provide evening and Sunday Chester to Crewe services (currently operated by Arriva).

Nothing on stagecoach 84 timetable about evenings or Sunday service
No update on the 15/X30 or 102/103 tenders sorry. I don't ever see any tender award things for Cheshire West. I only give that information when something has been registered as then you can see something has been changed. I can only presume that they were reawarded to Stagecoach on the basis that nothing has been registered to change.
(10/04/2023 19:35)chester285 Wrote:  Any update on the 15/X30 and 102/103 tenders

The 102/103 & X30 contracts will probably continue to run by Stagecoach.
Also how did you find these contracts out?
(11/04/2023 01:50)KX03 KYY Wrote:  Nothing on stagecoach 84 timetable about evenings or Sunday service

https://tis-kml-stagecoach.s3.amazonaws....KAO084.pdf
https://www.stagecoachbus.com/service-up...:56:43:549

** As an introductory offer, we are pleased to announce FREE travel on our 84 service for the 1st week of service (24th April to 30th April 2023) **

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
Cheshire West have put out their tenders for services due to start at the start of September 2023.

This includes the West Kirby-Chester 22 (same timetable as now), Frodsham-Northwich (same timetable as now) and 61/62 Higher Kinnerton-Chester (revised timetable with more trips to Higher Kinnerton).

Could Stagecoach Chester be in for another expansion with the 22, will D&G get more work for Wincham with the 48 or will we see any other random things happening? Guess we will have to wait and see.
(29/05/2023 11:14)iMarkeh Wrote:  Cheshire West have put out their tenders for services due to start at the start of September 2023.

This includes the West Kirby-Chester 22 (same timetable as now), Frodsham-Northwich (same timetable as now) and 61/62 Higher Kinnerton-Chester (revised timetable with more trips to Higher Kinnerton).

Could Stagecoach Chester be in for another expansion with the 22, will D&G get more work for Wincham with the 48 or will we see any other random things happening? Guess we will have to wait and see.

I could possibly see Arriva Chester taking over the 61/62 as Dodleston and Higher Kinnerton is not far from the Arriva depot

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)