Current time: 24/04/2024, 23:40 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

£2 Greater Manchester fare cap
£2 Greater Manchester fare cap
What effect has the £2 fare cap had?

I know any GM-only fares that were over £2 have been reduced to £2. However, have many fares that were already £2 or less been affected? Or have any cross-border fares changed?

I notice Little Gem's single has gone down from £1.80 to £1.50 when purchased using the app. I don't know anything about their on board fares.

I also observe D&G's pricing on the 88 is now extremely inconsistent. £2 for Altrincham to Airport City, £4.20 for Hale Barns to Morley Green and £2.30 for Wilmslow to Wilmslow station.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: £2 Greater Manchester fare cap
Go North West have increased other ticket prices:

£1.50 adult single tickets will increase to £1.60
Adult single ticket for cross boundary travel into Warrington and for travel within the Warrington council area will increase by 30p to 40p per journey.

Our full-network adult tickets will also be going up slightly, as follows:
1 Day
£6.00 on app | £6.20 on bus

7 Day
£18.50 on app | £20.00 on bus
As a driver it’s made life a lot easier. However for some weekly and monthly ticket users prices have gone up. Child fares cannot be bought without an Igo card.
Sunday and Monday were slightly busier but most comments were negative towards the congestion on the roads.
As someone who typically gets Stagecoach, it does appear as though for most the ticket prices have come down for customers in regards to the £2 tickets as most journeys (unless less than five minutes) would cost more than £2 on the old fare structure.
Also noticed that more passengers have been getting singles as it is cheaper than using a day ticket for a return journey.

One thing I have noticed is that passengers are still being sold the more expensive Stagecoach DayRiders for journeys within the GM border (for example on the 101 towards Manchester). This is likely due to passengers used to just saying DayRider and in part from drivers actually suggesting to customers to get the Stagecoach ticket over the cheaper any bus ticket when they have asked for a day ticket.
- Whilst trying not to go off topic, it hasn't exactly been a good start to the week for Stagecoach as their app / website timetables and tracking hasn't been working properly due to it still being programmed for Summer times.

Play City Bus Manager? I've compiled collections from different bus mods helpfully created by the community:
https://steamcommunity.com/id/dounowhoia...id=1364210

Play "Bus Simulator 18" on PC, check out my "Finglands" bus mod:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...2122981042
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(06/09/2022 21:02)dounowhoiam Wrote:  As someone who typically gets Stagecoach, it does appear as though for most the ticket prices have come down for customers in regards to the £2 tickets as most journeys (unless less than five minutes) would cost more than £2 on the old fare structure.
Also noticed that more passengers have been getting singles as it is cheaper than using a day ticket for a return journey.

One thing I have noticed is that passengers are still being sold the more expensive Stagecoach DayRiders for journeys within the GM border (for example on the 101 towards Manchester). This is likely due to passengers used to just saying DayRider and in part from drivers actually suggesting to customers to get the Stagecoach ticket over the cheaper any bus ticket when they have asked for a day ticket.
- Whilst trying not to go off topic, it hasn't exactly been a good start to the week for Stagecoach as their app / website timetables and tracking hasn't been working properly due to it still being programmed for Summer times.

I don’t know if it’s something new but Diamond have an ‘anybus’ day ticket on their app. Not sure on cost but it implies it’s available to use ‘across the network’. Obviously it relates to their network but the amount of people I’ve had to turn away as they wrongly assume it’s for anybus. I’ve only come across the ticket over the last couple of weeks but it’s a little misleading and naughty.

It’s also disappointing that the new S1 daysavers don’t have a QR code. Most operators are all set up for it and it makers life for us drivers so much easier. Apparently stagecoach are dead against it.

Apparently system one are working on an App where the day tickets will be available.
(06/09/2022 19:44)Mayneway Wrote:  As a driver it’s made life a lot easier. However for some weekly and monthly ticket users prices have gone up. Child fares cannot be bought without an Igo card.
Sunday and Monday were slightly busier but most comments were negative towards the congestion on the roads.
Child fares without IGO are £1.25

We also offer child tickets with a valid igo card (if you don't have an igo card, child fares are 65% of the price of an adult single ticket). And we also accept Our Pass, which offers free travel for 16-18s in Manchester.
https://www.gonorthwest.co.uk/single-tickets
(06/09/2022 21:02)dounowhoiam Wrote:  One thing I have noticed is that passengers are still being sold the more expensive Stagecoach DayRiders for journeys within the GM border (for example on the 101 towards Manchester). This is likely due to passengers used to just saying DayRider and in part from drivers actually suggesting to customers to get the Stagecoach ticket over the cheaper any bus ticket when they have asked for a day ticket.

Stagecoach should really put up prominent notices that all single fares are now no more than £2, if they haven't already. Some people will still need a Dayrider, due to having to change bus or making more than 2 single journeys in a day. However, you would think logically if the single fares are £2 max, then a Dayrider should be no more than £4.
(06/09/2022 21:59)Mayneway Wrote:  I don’t know if it’s something new but Diamond have an ‘anybus’ day ticket on their app. Not sure on cost but it implies it’s available to use ‘across the network’.

This ticket?

Adult Greater Manchester Day
Valid for 1 day for unlimited travel across Greater Manchester
£4.80

Looking at the other options it appears they are limited to certain Diamond routes e.g. just Rochdale or Horwich routes.

I think in a shire area people would presume it's only valid on Diamond services, unless specified. However, I get in a PTE area people might presume it's the £5 System One ticket discounted for purchasing on the app.
(06/09/2022 22:56)Mrboo Wrote:  Child fares without IGO are £1.25

We also offer child tickets with a valid igo card (if you don't have an igo card, child fares are 65% of the price of an adult single ticket). And we also accept Our Pass, which offers free travel for 16-18s in Manchester.
https://www.gonorthwest.co.uk/single-tickets

Most kids want the S1 daysaver at £2.50. They don’t have an igo card so the only option is the adult one.
(07/09/2022 09:34)knutstransport Wrote:  This ticket?

Adult Greater Manchester Day
Valid for 1 day for unlimited travel across Greater Manchester
£4.80

Looking at the other options it appears they are limited to certain Diamond routes e.g. just Rochdale or Horwich routes.

I think in a shire area people would presume it's only valid on Diamond services, unless specified. However, I get in a PTE area people might presume it's the £5 System One ticket discounted for purchasing on the app.

It’s the wording of it on their app. I’m sure it says ‘anybus’ network ticket. Very very misleading.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)