Current time: 13/05/2024, 04:51 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West bus strike
RE: Arriva North West bus strike
(12/08/2022 16:53)313201 Wrote:  I would like to point something out here and whether its right or not is irrelevant at the moment because this strike has gone on far too long and also bear this in mind before anybody criticises me, the decision of whether the previous pay deal was accepted or not was not made by the drivers.

The drivers didn't even get a say on whether they would accept the offer, the damned unions made the decision for the drivers.

This information has been circulating around the wirral after a few staff members ( names not known ) made it clear to members of the public that the unions were not getting feedback from the drivers.

I feel that the drivers SHOULD be given a chance to have their say even if the union bosses don't always agree otherwise what's the point in having drivers be part of a union if they're not allowed to speak up for themselves.

Completely irrelevant.

The members of the union came to the conclusion that 10% is the level that would be voted on and not a single offer from Arriva reached that freehold, anything less than that amount was deemed unacceptable and would not go to a vote. Therefore they had already spoken. There is zero point going to a member vote, delaying the process of talks, for members to say no as it doesn’t meet the agreed upon threshold.

Regardless though, an offer of 9.6% (less than the agreed 10) has gone out to the drivers to ballot on, against what was agreed between the union and members.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arriva North West bus strike - Raawwwrrr! - 12/08/2022 20:06

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)