Current time: 30/04/2024, 09:33 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Howards/Springfield
RE: Howards/Springfield
(31/03/2021 19:57)T42 PVM Wrote:  Revoked if i remember correctly

Both the Ian Howard and Springfield Bus & Coach licences show as revoked. I seem to recall someone posted on here that they had appeared as revoked while they were still operating the 48 and then part way through a weekday the 48 changed operator and WOB took it over.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(31/03/2021 20:02)Mayneway Wrote:  A VA of 4 is a far cry to where they were a few years ago.

Indeed. Not that long ago they needed 4 vehicles for the Cheshire contracted services (27, 48, 200 & 289), never mind the B52, school/college services, rail replacement buses and coach hire.

Ian Howard posted on here how brilliant the fuel economy on the Metrocity was but despite that he put it up for sale following Cheshire East cancelling the 27, 200 & 289 contracts and giving the new 88/89 contract to D&G. At the same time he retained older large buses which suggests that Cheshire East decision had a very negative impact on Howards.
(01/04/2021 09:12)knutstransport Wrote:  Both the Ian Howard and Springfield Bus & Coach licences show as revoked. I seem to recall someone posted on here that they had appeared as revoked while they were still operating the 48 and then part way through a weekday the 48 changed operator and WOB took it over.

Yep remember now then suddenly the thread was locked so nobody could comment - I’m assuming so not to upset the owner.
(01/04/2021 09:22)knutstransport Wrote:  Indeed. Not that long ago they needed 4 vehicles for the Cheshire contracted services (27, 48, 200 & 289), never mind the B52, school/college services, rail replacement buses and coach hire.

Ian Howard posted on here how brilliant the fuel economy on the Metrocity was but despite that he put it up for sale following Cheshire East cancelling the 27, 200 & 289 contracts and giving the new 88/89 contract to D&G. At the same time he retained older large buses which suggests that Cheshire East decision had a very negative impact on Howards.

It happens. A company looses a lucrative contract and suddenly the wolf is at the door knocking.
MP travel we’re using one of Howard’s vehicles not long ago on the X1 claiming it was painted in ‘Howards New livery’ so a come back has been on the cards for a while.
Of the 2 ex Howards drivers at D&G one will be interested in this as his workplace pension salary deductions never made it to the pension company. I'm sure an objection to the application will be made

(31/03/2021 17:32)T42 PVM Wrote:  New License application

HOWARDS TRAVEL GROUP T/A HOWARDS TRAVEL AND OMEGA
BUSWAYS LIMITED
Director(s): Ian Richard Howard
BELL HOUSE FARM, BELLHOUSE LANE, HIGHER WALTON,
WARRINGTON, WA4 6TR
Operating Centre: BELL HOUSE FARM, BELLHOUSE LANE, HIGHER
WALTON, WARRINGTON, WA4 6TR
Authorisation: 4 vehicle(s)
Transport Manager(s): Ian Howard

Works for me
(01/04/2021 10:19)Mayneway Wrote:  It happens. A company looses a lucrative contract and suddenly the wolf is at the door knocking.
MP travel we’re using one of Howard’s vehicles not long ago on the X1 claiming it was painted in ‘Howards New livery’ so a come back has been on the cards for a while.

There's been at least one application refused so far, so only time will tell if this application is successful
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(01/04/2021 11:09)Rick Hunter Wrote:  Of the 2 ex Howards drivers at D&G one will be interested in this as his workplace pension salary deductions never made it to the pension company. I'm sure an objection to the application will be made

It's a new company which has applied for the licence incorporated in November 2020:
https://find-and-update.company-informat...y/13020986

He didn't actually need to put trading as on a company's house registration and in doing so he's made the official name of the company very long. Also, there are no external shareholders listed so the mention of Omega in the new company name doesn't seem to be related to the Omega site.

Opposed to the previous one which was filed as insolvent in June 2018:
https://find-and-update.company-informat...insolvency

There was also a third company which had Ian Howard as a sole trader but as that wasn't a limited company details aren't published in the same way.

Wouldn't a pension deduction issue be one for HMRC to look in to, rather than one for the Traffic Commissioner to look in to?
(01/04/2021 11:29)knutstransport Wrote:  It's a new company which has applied for the licence incorporated in November 2020:
https://find-and-update.company-informat...y/13020986

He didn't actually need to put trading as on a company's house registration and in doing so he's made the official name of the company very long. Also, there are no external shareholders listed so the mention of Omega in the new company name doesn't seem to be related to the Omega site.

Opposed to the previous one which was filed as insolvent in June 2018:
https://find-and-update.company-informat...insolvency

There was also a third company which had Ian Howard as a sole trader but as that wasn't a limited company details aren't published in the same way.

Wouldn't a pension deduction issue be one for HMRC to look in to, rather than one for the Traffic Commissioner to look in to?

HMRC would investigate but it could effect his repute.
(01/04/2021 11:09)Rick Hunter Wrote:  Of the 2 ex Howards drivers at D&G one will be interested in this as his workplace pension salary deductions never made it to the pension company. I'm sure an objection to the application will be made

Extremely naughty and it really riles me when I hear of people having pension and NI deductions made from their pay and they never make it to the intended account etc.
HMRC seem to be clamping down on company’s that don’t enroll employees into a pension scheme, yet these companies who effectively steal deductions go unpunished.
(01/04/2021 11:56)Mayneway Wrote:  Extremely naughty and it really riles me when I hear of people having pension and NI deductions made from their pay and they never make it to the intended account etc.
HMRC seem to be clamping down on company’s that don’t enroll employees into a pension scheme, yet these companies who effectively steal deductions go unpunished.

Supertravel was like this I believe as certain drivers where not getting there tax , national insurance and child support payments paid even though they where getting taken out of there wages.
Apparently one driver finished and found out 12 months later he was still down as working there and chased for tax etc from HMRc.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)