Current time: 15/05/2024, 20:04 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

In the News
RE: In the News
The DfT haven't quite got round to doing what they do in Scotland with regards bridge tolls , just think of the significant time savings in the peak hour over the time it takes to get over the existing bridge .
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(20/02/2014 10:15)wirralbus Wrote:  The DfT haven't quite got round to doing what they do in Scotland with regards bridge tolls , just think of the significant time savings in the peak hour over the time it takes to get over the existing bridge .

My understanding is that the collection of tolls for the Mersey bridges will be done electronically using number plate recognition technology. However, when someone asked how fees from foreign registered vehicles would be collected, response was along the lines that "we'll sort something out by the time it opens". Angry
And how are they are they going to collect money from people who have just recently sold cars that havent had there documentation changed yet by the DVLA , that sort of electronic technology will cause problems by people saying it wasnt me driving im not paying it .
(21/02/2014 10:25)wirralbus Wrote:  And how are they are they going to collect money from people who have just recently sold cars that havent had there documentation changed yet by the DVLA , that sort of electronic technology will cause problems by people saying it wasnt me driving im not paying it .

Indeed. Still a couple of years off yet, so Hopefully will be sorted.

Also on the cards that DVLA keeper documentation to 'go electronic' soon, so should close some of the loopholes such as ' keeper document in the post' that was a favourite delaying tactic used by some over the years.
The DVLA are just as bad for post, they issue any mail as "delivered" even if it never gets to you while they refuse to accept signed for post as their system 'can't handle it'. An awful set up.

Oh Superman where are you now, when everything's gone wrong somehow, the men of steel, the men of power, are losing control by the hour.
4108 | 4120 | 4125 | 4127 | 507001 | 507006 | 507023 | 508111 | 508130
Is the change to electronic transfer going to be introduced at the same time as the paper car tax gets phased out. It will be strange to drive around with a vehicle with no paper tax disc in the car.
(21/02/2014 19:19)wirralbus Wrote:  Is the change to electronic transfer going to be introduced at the same time as the paper car tax gets phased out. It will be strange to drive around with a vehicle with no paper tax disc in the car.

Not sure, but well overdue.

Always had good service from DVLA even when managing council PLG fleet of over 100 vehicles for a couple of years. Must have been lucky I suppose.
Jeremy Paxman is to leave Newsnight after 25 years .

I bet there is some politicians breathing a sigh of relief with that news.
Two prisoners from HMP Kennet in Maghull went on the run after being allowed out on day release. One has reportedly been recaptured in the Birmingham area but the other still remains at large.
Who lets "life" prisoners out on day release?

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)