Current time: 18/04/2024, 18:58 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

In the News
RE: In the News
BORED NOW!!!!!! If I hear one more Labour MP mention a General Election i'll SCREAM!!!!!!

And Gary Neville's statement that "tories are a Cancer"?????? Has he lost a loved one to Cancer?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Away from the politics...

Ford have announced that production of the Fiesta marque is set to be discontinued by the middle of next year, citing the rising cost of parts and drivers opting for SUVs.
(25/10/2022 18:56)NathanR Wrote:  Away from the politics...

Ford have announced that production of the Fiesta marque is set to be discontinued by the middle of next year, citing the rising cost of parts and drivers opting for SUVs.

I wish people wouldn't drive SUVs - most appear to be too big from what I can see....

Anyway, is it just mid size cars that are falling out of popularity as small cars still seem to sell well from what I can see

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
Hi Buses7675

I completely agree. I am not sure what it is like in other areas but here on the wirral there are plenty of cases where owners of suv's ( land rover, bmw, audi etc ) who drive them in such a way that it is intimidating to other road users.

I myself have had suv's, 4x4s right on my tail that if I had to brake hard for any reason my car would be completely destroyed although this would probably be a subject for the general discussion section.

The main issue I have noticed over the last 12 months of driving is that many suv & 4x4 owners have great difficulty parking them, they are either parked over 2 spaces in a car park or generally parked as if abandoned because owners don't take the time to get the feel of the vehicle ( how it drives, brakes etc ) but also they don't take the time to just try a basic parking maneuver just to see if they are making the right decision to own such a vehicle.

I believe there is a course somewhere in the uk where potential suv and 4x4 owners can go and try out driving these types of vehicles to see if they are suited to them or not. Instructors accompany the potential owners and put them through a range of exercises and give a complete summary of performance ar the end of the course.

My apologies for the long post.
I tend to agree with most of that - the parking/width issues see to be a large problem

I drive buses for a living so can drive large vehicles quite safely - I've only ever owned small cars but I've driven all sorts of vehicles as shuttle vehicles etc over the last 10 years or so and I do find SUVs are just unnecessarily large for what they are - the insides don't even seem that spacious on some of them. As for safety, many small cars have higher Euro Ncap ratings than larger ones so that argument about size isn't always the case.

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
It seems as if Mayor Joanne Anderson's time in office seems to be coming to an end, as Liverpool Councils Labour group is electing a new leader within a matter of weeks ahead of the all-out elections from next May, at the same time the Mayoral position is set to be scrapped as they will transfer to a leader and cabinet model, whilst she will focus on leading the city with her successor focusing on the Labour campaign, although she is leaving by the time the all-out elections take place.

Nominations for the role as set to close tomorrow and the successor could be in place by the 5th next month.
(17/11/2022 20:19)NathanR Wrote:  It seems as if Mayor Joanne Anderson's time in office seems to be coming to an end, as Liverpool Councils Labour group is electing a new leader within a matter of weeks ahead of the all-out elections from next May, at the same time the Mayoral position is set to be scrapped as they will transfer to a leader and cabinet model, whilst she will focus on leading the city with her successor focusing on the Labour campaign, although she is leaving by the time the all-out elections take place.

Nominations for the role as set to close tomorrow and the successor could be in place by the 5th next month.

Cllr Liam Robinson, who represents the Kensington and Fairfield ward in the city region has been elected as the new Liverpool Labour leader.
(29/11/2022 12:52)NathanR Wrote:  Cllr Liam Robinson, who represents the Kensington and Fairfield ward in the city region has been elected as the new Liverpool Labour leader.

He was even on Politics North West last Sunday.
Michael "Bully Boy" Smith is the 2023 PDC World Darts Championship winner!
Nichola Sturgeon has announced her resignation as First Minister of Scotland.

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)