Current time: 04/05/2024, 05:24 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2021/22 Arriva North West orders & subsequent cascades
RE: 2021/22 Arriva North West orders & subsequent cascades
(11/01/2022 16:04)MPTE1955 Wrote:  The Streetlites weren't ordered to Arriva new, they were new to dealer, so I did see somewhere that they took whatever was available in dealer stock, hence the different lengths. I'm sure somebody will confirm whether or not this waa actually the case.
(11/01/2022 16:11)SK15 GZG Wrote:  The StreetLites were acquired from dealer stock hence the variation in lengths
That figures a bit. Still a random one though. It didn't seem like much thought went into it for the 8.8m one but I guess we will see.

(11/01/2022 16:11)SK15 GZG Wrote:  The 4800-50 batch split between Green Lane and Speke are Volvo B5LHs. This batch of StreetDecks will be the first delivered to the division
I know these are Streetdecks and the others are Volvo B5LHs but to passengers, they look like the same bus really. 99% of passengers won't see that it's different to the B5s except maybe the lack of hybrid branding. With the B5s branching out over all routes as well, passengers wouldn't think anything of it really.

Passengers in Southport would see the difference though as it's WF buses which they don't see often with Arriva and Streetlites, again, they don't see them really in the area.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(11/01/2022 18:30)iMarkeh Wrote:  That figures a bit. Still a random one though. It didn't seem like much thought went into it for the 8.8m one but I guess we will see.

I know these are Streetdecks and the others are Volvo B5LHs but to passengers, they look like the same bus really. 99% of passengers won't see that it's different to the B5s except maybe the lack of hybrid branding. With the B5s branching out over all routes as well, passengers wouldn't think anything of it really.

Passengers in Southport would see the difference though as it's WF buses which they don't see often with Arriva and Streetlites, again, they don't see them really in the area.

I think saying not much thought went into the Streetlites is a bit silly, I'm sure lots of thought would have went into it. With there still being 54/55/06/07 plate single decks around then the urgency to get some of those replaced would have come into it, so maybe they were unable to get a complete factory order done so went for the dealer stock. I heard that any single deck past 06 was not to be used past the end of this month so if that is true then there is your answer.
They may notice a lot more seats downstairs than the B5LHs. The new StreetDecks seat 74 vs 65 on a hybrid.

Quite tidy looking inside as well.
(11/01/2022 18:30)iMarkeh Wrote:  I know these are Streetdecks and the others are Volvo B5LHs

You said the 48xxs were StreetDecks in this post

(11/01/2022 15:37)iMarkeh Wrote:  Green Lane Streetdecks make sense because they already have some so passengers may not see the difference between the brand new and the 66 plates)

SK15 GZG
2010 | 2345 | 2474 | 2590 | 3052 | 3059 | 3061 | 5314 | 6408 | 6606 | 7537
4164 | 4593 | 4664 | 4670 | 4672 | 4678 | 4836
(11/01/2022 19:10)SK15 GZG Wrote:  You said the 48xxs were StreetDecks in this post

Sorry, I knew what I meant. That's all that matters Wink
The Streetlites are in fact dealer stock. Their interiors are to a non-Arriva spec with grey plastics around the cash area and at least two different styles of nowhere seating. They were all originally built with seatbelts but when they went back through Wrightbus' factory to be repainted into Arriva livery, these were removed.

They are to be allocated on route 46 (2 WF versions plus 1 Enviro400) and the remainder on route 49. 233rd January is the earmarked launch date into service.
(12/01/2022 09:51)B10B6514 Wrote:  The Streetlites are in fact dealer stock. Their interiors are to a non-Arriva spec with grey plastics around the cash area and at least two different styles of nowhere seating. They were all originally built with seatbelts but when they went back through Wrightbus' factory to be repainted into Arriva livery, these were removed.

They are to be allocated on route 46 (2 WF versions plus 1 Enviro400) and the remainder on route 49. 233rd January is the earmarked launch date into service.

Just out of curiosity, are these Streetlites replacing any current vehicles at Southport??

Thanks

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
(12/01/2022 09:51)B10B6514 Wrote:  The Streetlites are in fact dealer stock. Their interiors are to a non-Arriva spec with grey plastics around the cash area and at least two different styles of nowhere seating. They were all originally built with seatbelts but when they went back through Wrightbus' factory to be repainted into Arriva livery, these were removed.

And will be retaining the air conditioning pods on the roof even though the air conditioning system as been removed.
Just a thought, but I've noticed on Merseytravel that there are timetable changes coming into effect from next Sunday for certain services at Green Lane and Southport (as well as other depots), I take this is for the new vehicles entering service or just something normal as it also includes Stagecoach routes as well.

https://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/travel-u...e-changes/
(17/01/2022 22:47)NathanR Wrote:  Just a thought, but I've noticed on Merseytravel that there are timetable changes coming into effect from next Sunday for certain services at Green Lane and Southport (as well as other depots), I take this is for the new vehicles entering service or just something normal as it also includes Stagecoach routes as well.
https://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/travel-u...e-changes/

It's reducing pvr on certain services temporarily due to serious staff shortages.
Certain routes will be dropping in frequency to reduce number of staff needed to operate the duties as there is to much lost mileage due to no staff as its like this everywhere at the minute and won't fixed anytime soon by the looks of it.
With drivers leaving the trade for new jobs and high numbers isolating due to testing positive along with people awaiting operations it's going to take a while to fill these positions.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)