Current time: 18/05/2024, 00:35 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2021/22 Arriva North West orders & subsequent cascades
RE: 2021/22 Arriva North West orders & subsequent cascades
(06/01/2022 19:15)motormayhem1 Wrote:  4586 upto 4594 will be moving to St helens to release 4435 upto 4443 to go back to speke..

Thanks, maybe a little surprised at that one, plus 4584/5 already there aren't they. Reduces the age profile a little at St Helens then.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Just a quick question, as mentioned on the Green Lane forum with the Streetdecks entering service on 22/1, do we have a date for the Streetlites at Southport entering service??

Thanks.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
[quote='motormayhem1' pid='148278' dateline='1641470847']

They will get deckers eventually but I think it's been put on hold for the moment.

The decker's are still on for April apparently for the 79C’s. No word on where they will come from though.
I have read on another site that all of the StreetDecks have now been delivered and are in storage. The site also provides fleet and registration numbers. Can anyone confirm the veracity of this information?
(06/01/2022 20:31)gka472l Wrote:  Just a quick question, as mentioned on the Green Lane forum with the Streetdecks entering service on 22/1, do we have a date for the Streetlites at Southport entering service??

Thanks.

The Southport Streetlites will enter service on 23rd January. They will be allocated to 49 route with 2 off the Door Forward variety in 46 route. Driver training is happening now with at least 2 WF versions available, 6010&6012.
(09/01/2022 09:26)B10B6514 Wrote:  The Southport Streetlites will enter service on 23rd January. They will be allocated to 49 route with 2 off the Door Forward variety in 46 route. Driver training is happening now with at least 2 WF versions available, 6010&6012.

Many thanks!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
I can't see that this has been answered so I am wondering if someone can explain why has Arriva opted for 3 different lengths for the Streetlites? Seems a strange thing to do when you intend on using them on primarily 2 routes and they haven't ordered enough of any length for allocation to be simple (10.8s for the 49 then the 9.5 for the 46 for example). Especially the 8.8m one. Just a single one of that size is a random one. Is there any logic behind why this single bus of this size was ordered?

Surely you'd want to upgrade a full route, not just give a depot some new buses to splatter around. Especially where the new buses are a different type to that already available and people will specifically notice that it is a new bus. Green Lane Streetdecks make sense because they already have some so passengers may not see the difference between the brand new and the 66 plates)
(11/01/2022 15:37)iMarkeh Wrote:  I can't see that this has been answered so I am wondering if someone can explain why has Arriva opted for 3 different lengths for the Streetlites? Seems a strange thing to do when you intend on using them on primarily 2 routes and they haven't ordered enough of any length for allocation to be simple (10.8s for the 49 then the 9.5 for the 46 for example). Especially the 8.8m one. Just a single one of that size is a random one. Is there any logic behind why this single bus of this size was ordered?

Surely you'd want to upgrade a full route, not just give a depot some new buses to splatter around. Especially where the new buses are a different type to that already available and people will specifically notice that it is a new bus. Green Lane Streetdecks make sense because they already have some so passengers may not see the difference between the brand new and the 66 plates)

The Streetlites weren't ordered to Arriva new, they were new to dealer, so I did see somewhere that they took whatever was available in dealer stock, hence the different lengths. I'm sure somebody will confirm whether or not this waa actually the case.
(11/01/2022 15:37)iMarkeh Wrote:  I can't see that this has been answered so I am wondering if someone can explain why has Arriva opted for 3 different lengths for the Streetlites? Seems a strange thing to do when you intend on using them on primarily 2 routes and they haven't ordered enough of any length for allocation to be simple (10.8s for the 49 then the 9.5 for the 46 for example). Especially the 8.8m one. Just a single one of that size is a random one. Is there any logic behind why this single bus of this size was ordered?

The StreetLites were acquired from dealer stock hence the variation in lengths

(11/01/2022 15:37)iMarkeh Wrote:  Green Lane Streetdecks make sense because they already have some so passengers may not see the difference between the brand new and the 66 plates)

The 4800-50 batch split between Green Lane and Speke are Volvo B5LHs. This batch of StreetDecks will be the first delivered to the division

SK15 GZG
2010 | 2345 | 2474 | 2590 | 3052 | 3059 | 3061 | 5314 | 6408 | 6606 | 7537
4164 | 4593 | 4664 | 4670 | 4672 | 4678 | 4836
Another 5 StreetDecks have arrived at Green Lane. 17 further ones will move to Green Lane over the next few days.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)