Current time: 23/04/2024, 09:50 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Warrington's Own Buses
RE: Warrington's Own Buses
(16/12/2021 13:12)knutstransport Wrote:  I wonder whether the 48 Frodsham-Northwich transferring to Stagecoach from 3 Jan is down to WOB having issues or whether the contract WOB had was due to expire at the end of the year anyway.
Is it confirmed as moving to Stagecoach? I know WOB has lost it but I didn't know it was confirmed as moving to Stagecoach.

As for the reason, the contract was due to end anyway, not related to the driver shortage.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(16/12/2021 18:37)iMarkeh Wrote:  Is it confirmed as moving to Stagecoach? I know WOB has lost it but I didn't know it was confirmed as moving to Stagecoach.

As for the reason, the contract was due to end anyway, not related to the driver shortage.

Cheshire West website says Stagecoach are running route from 3 Jan.
(16/12/2021 20:44)knutstransport Wrote:  Cheshire West website says Stagecoach are running route from 3 Jan.
Thank you. I hadn't spotted that
Some interesting things in the "Hybrid Saturday/Sunday Service" taking place on some days over the Christmas / New Year period referred to here:
https://www.warringtonsownbuses.co.uk/ch...-bus-times

It looks like the 5/5A service will typically involve a long 5A from Warrington to Altrincham, then a short 5A from Altricham to Lymm, then a short 5 from Lymm to Altrincham, then a long 5 from Altrincham back to Warrington.
It also looks like the 9/9A service will typically involve a 9 from Warrington to Northwich, then a short 9A between Northwich and Barnton, then a 9 from Northwich back to Warrington.
From reading social media it seems Warringtons Own have got a number of CAT branded MMC200s off the road at the moment and receiving attention at Plaxtons South Aston this will explain if anybody hasn't seen a few of them for a while now.
(24/12/2021 08:41)M60lad Wrote:  From reading social media it seems Warringtons Own have got a number of CAT branded MMC200s off the road at the moment and receiving attention at Plaxtons South Aston this will explain if anybody hasn't seen a few of them for a while now.

It’s been posted on here about 5/6 posts up.
Looks like with the exception of YX61 ELH, the on loan vehicles have either remained at the depot since the start of the school holidays or returned to their owners. EX21 ONE is back with MP Travel and was on the X1 again last week.
(27/12/2021 18:20)knutstransport Wrote:  Looks like with the exception of YX61 ELH, the on loan vehicles have either remained at the depot since the start of the school holidays or returned to their owners. EX21 ONE is back with MP Travel and was on the X1 again last week.

PVR will have dropped over Christmas but in all honesty if the vehicles are maintained and inspected as they should be it shouldn’t take them long to MOT the vehicles that needed tests.
Yutong E12 demonstrator YD71 FKX is currently with WOB. Maybe an option they're considering as part of their plan to move to an all-electric fleet?
WOB has now got a BYD Enviro 400 EV demonstrator LC71 EFD, any recent plans on when will it be entering service at all?

For recent interests of bus photos please visit my Flickr account below:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/135097870@N02/

For my Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/EfanThomasTheBusEnthusiast/

And check out my Instagram page for more recent bus photos:
@emt_buses.175

Also check out with my TikTok account:
@emt_busenthusiast_175
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)