Current time: 29/03/2024, 02:09 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Warrington's Own Buses
RE: Warrington's Own Buses
Now that the new Sep 2020 timetables have been implemented, more professional looking versions of the timetables are available on the website.
There are still quite a few errors, but some things have been rectified/clarified.

I was wondering what on earth the 16/16A were going to interwork with, but the newer versions of the timetables clarify the times arriving back in Warrington, meaning it's probably a simple case of drivers doing the 16 three times followed by the 16A twice, and repeat, throughout the day - can anyone confirm?
(On Saturdays, it's different but looks like the 16A might be interworking with the 25 as before).

I wonder if there has been any confusion about the Westys so far, such as the route change on the 11/12.
This isn't helped by only the timetable for the 1 being available on the main Timetables page of the website at the moment (for some reason, the 2, 11 and 12 aren't available there yet).
If one vehicle just does a 1 outbound to Westy then a 2 inbound, and repeat throughout the day, perhaps a large vehicle is used for this purpose?
It's almost like Fairbrothers's old 1C, except it looks like there's no loop around Westy and the vehicle just goes straight to the terminus and then straight back to town.
I hope there is something different on the displays for these short journeys, or there could be some confusion about which services carry on and do the full circle on the 1.
Personally I think it would be useful if journeys on the 11/12 which come off or go onto the 1/2 could be marked as such on the timetables, so that people know they can still get to town by remaining on the vehicle, and the reverse in the afternoon.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
J5 BUS on the 47 this morning. Unusual for a bus without any red on the livery to be running a public service in Knutsford.
According to BBC News new COVID-19 restrictions mean for those resident in Merseyside, Warrington and Halton are to only use public transport for essential purposes. However, strangely the restrictions apply to those living in Warrington and Halton, opposed to being a policy implemented in Warrington and Halton. So, for example, someone from Warrington shouldn't drive to Sale and get a tram in to the Manchester from there but someone from Northwich, Altrincham, Knutsford or Leigh could get a bus in to Warrington for leisure use.
A slightly amended Cheshire Cat 5/5A/6 timetable starting ... tomorrow!
https://www.warringtonsownbuses.co.uk/ne...ble-change
Warrington vehicles are now showing on the tracker.
Timetable changes coming in on Saturday 17th October:
https://www.warringtonsownbuses.co.uk/ne...ble-change
Any reason for these service reductions again? Just seems odd just when service levels were getting back to something near normal to have them reduced again and with shopping levels getting busier again, there were certainly quite a few people about in/around Warrington last Saturday.

Is it that passengers aren't using them on Saturdays or is there another reason?

I find it odd thouigh that while 19/28 & 62 has been cut back to every 2 hours for each service on Saturdays nothing has been done to the Cat services and they've stayed at their normal service levels.

Is Warringtons Own short of drivers at the moment hence the changes?
It says the 16A is reinstated, but a 16A passed me yesterday - I thought they were reinstated some time back.

Also, the 19 and 28 are only running every two hours on a Saturday, but hourly on a Sunday (albeit the 19 stops at Culcheth on Sundays).
(14/10/2020 05:36)M60lad Wrote:  Any reason for these service reductions again? Just seems odd just when service levels were getting back to something near normal to have them reduced again and with shopping levels getting busier again, there were certainly quite a few people about in/around Warrington last Saturday.

Is it that passengers aren't using them on Saturdays or is there another reason?

I find it odd thouigh that while 19/28 & 62 has been cut back to every 2 hours for each service on Saturdays nothing has been done to the Cat services and they've stayed at their normal service levels.

Is Warringtons Own short of drivers at the moment hence the changes?
They did say on their Twitter that it's so they can 'redeploy driver resource to other days'.

https://twitter.com/WarringtonBuses/stat...3275864065

I am a bit surprised they are even still running the 62. The way it has been ran since WOB started the route is like they don't really want to run it. Constant changes and cut backs. Non standard timetable etc. Has potential that 62 if they didn't mess around with it every few months.
(14/10/2020 16:23)iMarkeh Wrote:  They did say on their Twitter that it's so they can 'redeploy driver resource to other days'.

https://twitter.com/WarringtonBuses/stat...3275864065

I am a bit surprised they are even still running the 62. The way it has been ran since WOB started the route is like they don't really want to run it. Constant changes and cut backs. Non standard timetable etc. Has potential that 62 if they didn't mess around with it every few months.

Sounds like they are just being careful with there staff resources during this new resurgent virus outbreak.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)