Current time: 20/04/2024, 07:18 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Hulleys of Baslow
RE: Hulleys of Baslow
I note that there is a feature on Hulley's in the September issue of "Buses".
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
They can drive for 5hr 30min so even a 4hr route is far within any driving rules. But I would think they would change drivers but not buses as there no need for any driver to run the full route if they swap at Manchester airport after starting at Ashbourne or Sheffield. I would think they need to pool car to get 2 drivers to mid route at start and end of each day. On rail replacement I have routes that are over 3.5hrs but the same bus and driver does the full route but the route has planned breaks of 5 mins 3 times along the route with the driver having time to go for a smoke or toilet . So on paper they are on 3 trips by doing this the bus also keeps to time. The X1 and X57 will not be stop start runs like say the 192 they are fast runs. Stagecoach ran the X5 for years from Bedford depot with the route running from Oxford to Cambridge on GB regs.
(16/08/2021 16:10)djb Wrote:  I believe the x1 is mon-sat only.

Hopefully attachment has worked. X1 TT as posted by Hulleys. Note Bosley Crossroads has appeared as a timing point, which may indicate that it serves all stops the 109 did on the A523.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

(21/08/2021 08:44)KXW212 Wrote:  Note Bosley Crossroads has appeared as a timing point, which may indicate that it serves all stops the 109 did on the A523.

They'll probably be complaints if it didn't, given the subsidy for the competing 109 had to be withdrawn due to the commercial registration.
Also confirmed on the timetable and on Facebook that the Day Hopper + ticket (£10) will be valid on the X1. Could take quite an effort to do a loop from Manchester to Ashbourne and then up towards Chesterfield and Sheffield before heading back on the X57 or vice versa.

Could be done on one ticket:
  • X1 Manchester to Ashbourne
  • 110/111 Ashbourne to Matlock
  • 172 Matlock to Bakewell
  • 257 Bakewell to Sheffield
  • X57 Sheffield to Manchester

or if you want a slightly longer route
  • 63 Matlock to Chesterfield
  • 170/X70 Chesterfield to Bakewell
From Cheshire East Council:

Quote:X1 Hulley's Ashbourne - Leek - Macclesfield - Manchester: new limited stop service. Will only stop at Bosley Crossroads and Macclesfield bus station in Cheshire East.

https://www.cheshireeast.gov.uk/public_t...anges.aspx
(26/08/2021 16:30)SF07 Wrote:  From Cheshire East Council:

https://www.cheshireeast.gov.uk/public_t...anges.aspx

Lyme Green-Macclesfield is also covered by a High Peak service currently, which might be why Hulleys decided to do Bosley Green to Macc non-stop.
(21/08/2021 12:28)SF07 Wrote:  Also confirmed on the timetable and on Facebook that the Day Hopper + ticket (£10) will be valid on the X1. Could take quite an effort to do a loop from Manchester to Ashbourne and then up towards Chesterfield and Sheffield before heading back on the X57 or vice versa.

Could be done on one ticket:
  • 172 Matlock to Bakewell

or if you want a slightly longer route
  • 63 Matlock to Chesterfield
  • 170/X70 Chesterfield to Bakewell

Excellent value on 1 ticket. I prefer to do all this in 1 day than get an Advance ticket to Sheffield and make my way into Manchester & Tameside for local travels from there.
(04/09/2021 13:12)Metroline1511 Wrote:  Excellent value on 1 ticket. I prefer to do all this in 1 day than get an Advance ticket to Sheffield and make my way into Manchester & Tameside for local travels from there.
Excellent value. God help you though doing it all in a day using only Hulleys and doing so in a reasonable times. The connections are dismal. X1 has 50 minute connections onto the 110/111. Then basically no connection onto either the 172 or 63. 257 has 75 minute connections with the X57. The 271/272 have 50 minute connections.

Hulleys are interworking so much to benefit operations that they have ruined connections between almost all buses.
(04/09/2021 14:16)iMarkeh Wrote:  Excellent value. God help you though doing it all in a day using only Hulleys and doing so in a reasonable times. The connections are dismal. X1 has 50 minute connections onto the 110/111. Then basically no connection onto either the 172 or 63. 257 has 75 minute connections with the X57. The 271/272 have 50 minute connections.

Hulleys are interworking so much to benefit operations that they have ruined connections between almost all buses.

Ok thanks. It may then be an itinerary that looked fun on paper until we check the actual bus times. I may prefer to do Manchester - Ashbourne - Matlock, then Stagecoach X17 to Sheffield, then X57 to Manchester from there.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)