Current time: 20/04/2024, 06:43 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Hulleys of Baslow
RE: Hulleys of Baslow
D&G Bus have confirmed on their website that the 108 will be curtailed and the 109 will be withdrawn as a result of the introduction of the X1 between Ashbourne, Leek and Macclesfield.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(16/08/2021 16:10)djb Wrote:  I believe the x1 is mon-sat only.

Derbyshire CC site does indeed say Mon-Sat for X1 operation.
Staffordshire County Council has the timetable for the X1. No clue as to the route between Macclesfield and Manchester Airport, as there's no map or timing points in between, but Traveline has the map, which suggests the route will be through Adlington and then cutting through to the A555 along the B5358 just south of Poynton.

Departures from Ashbourne are at 0915, 1115, 1315, 1530 (1515 schooldays) and 1730 (1715 Saturdays via Alton Towers). Journey time are 35 minutes to Leek, 60 minutes to Macclesfield, 100 minutes (1 hour 40) to Manchester Airport and then as X57, 135 minutes (2 hours 15) to Manchester Chorlton Street.

Departures from Manchester are at 0845 (Saturdays via Alton Towers), 1110, 1310, 1510 and 1710. Journey times are 60 minutes to Macclesfield, 85 minutes (1 hour 25) to Leek and 120 minutes (2 hours) to Ashbourne.

https://apps2.staffordshire.gov.uk/scc/b...reaDisplay
https://apps2.staffordshire.gov.uk/scc/b...4942226457
http://nationaljourneyplanner.travelines...nnerInfo=1
(18/08/2021 20:07)SF07 Wrote:  Staffordshire County Council has the timetable for the X1. No clue as to the route between Macclesfield and Manchester Airport, as there's no map or timing points in between, but Traveline has the map, which suggests the route will be through Adlington and then cutting through to the A555 along the B5358 just south of Poynton.

Departures from Ashbourne are at 0915, 1115, 1315, 1530 (1515 schooldays) and 1730 (1715 Saturdays via Alton Towers). Journey time are 35 minutes to Leek, 60 minutes to Macclesfield, 100 minutes (1 hour 40) to Manchester Airport and then as X57, 135 minutes (2 hours 15) to Manchester Chorlton Street.

Departures from Manchester are at 0845 (Saturdays via Alton Towers), 1110, 1310, 1510 and 1710. Journey times are 60 minutes to Macclesfield, 85 minutes (1 hour 25) to Leek and 120 minutes (2 hours) to Ashbourne.

https://apps2.staffordshire.gov.uk/scc/b...reaDisplay
https://apps2.staffordshire.gov.uk/scc/b...4942226457
http://nationaljourneyplanner.travelines...nnerInfo=1
Staffordshires bus changes state timing points only
https://www.staffordshire.gov.uk/Transpo...vices.aspx

Quote:Hulleys of Baslow route
A new service X1 will operate, Monday to Saturday, between Ashbourne, Leek, Macclesfield and Manchester Airport, continuing to Manchester city centre as service X57. This will be a limited stop services, calling at timing points only.

This would imply that the route could go via Alderley Edge or even could do what the X71 buses do on a Sunday when they interwork between the X71 and X57. Go via the A523 then the Link Road. I think it is fully traffic dependant and will adjust route accordingly.
If the Staffordshire CC listed stops really are the only stops it means it'll serve the airport viewing park but not the airport station!
(19/08/2021 05:48)knutstransport Wrote:  If the Staffordshire CC listed stops really are the only stops it means it'll serve the airport viewing park but not the airport station!
The Airport is not on the X1. From the AVP to Manchester, it runs as an X57 (and there are notices saying that on the timetable). At least one timetable is slightly wrong though as the times shown for the viewing park on Staffordshires timetable are the Airport Interchange times on the TSY timetable.

I will be interested to see how well this goes as there isn't any layover in it. That can not be good as we have seen, the Snake Pass can shut and that shouldn't then affect a bus in Ashbourne. I think if the X1 takes off and they can afford it, possibly it will be the X1 from Ashbourne to Manchester, not interworking as this is one hell of a journey for any driver to do. 4 hours non stop. I hope it goes well and I think the route has potential if the promotion is on point. I just worry about the punctuality.
(19/08/2021 06:14)iMarkeh Wrote:  The Airport is not on the X1. From the AVP to Manchester, it runs as an X57 (and there are notices saying that on the timetable). At least one timetable is slightly wrong though as the times shown for the viewing park on Staffordshires timetable are the Airport Interchange times on the TSY timetable.

I will be interested to see how well this goes as there isn't any layover in it. That can not be good as we have seen, the Snake Pass can shut and that shouldn't then affect a bus in Ashbourne. I think if the X1 takes off and they can afford it, possibly it will be the X1 from Ashbourne to Manchester, not interworking as this is one hell of a journey for any driver to do. 4 hours non stop. I hope it goes well and I think the route has potential if the promotion is on point. I just worry about the punctuality.

Even looking at the two TTs issued so far and not withstanding the Viewing Park timing issue on the Traveline Staffordshire one, it still remains a bit puzzling how this is going to be run, A through X1/X57 trip is four hours, no issue there, but add any driving to and from the depot at Baslow from either end and it's seriously pushing it drivers hours wise, especially if its done 'domestic' with split registrations, so may be Euro ?. Unless it interworks duty wise with other routes (110?), which won't help reliability, as has already been mentioned (Snake Pass delays)
The Leek - Macc section appears to omit all the stops (if the Staffs TT is correct) along that section, except Rushton, surely that can't be right with the withdrawal of the all stops D&G 109 ?.
I wonder if there may be more to this than initially meets the eye.
(19/08/2021 08:45)KXW212 Wrote:  Even looking at the two TTs issued so far and not withstanding the Viewing Park timing issue on the Traveline Staffordshire one, it still remains a bit puzzling how this is going to be run, A through X1/X57 trip is four hours, no issue there, but add any driving to and from the depot at Baslow from either end and it's seriously pushing it drivers hours wise, especially if its done 'domestic' with split registrations, so may be Euro ?. Unless it interworks duty wise with other routes (110?), which won't help reliability, as has already been mentioned (Snake Pass delays)
The Leek - Macc section appears to omit all the stops (if the Staffs TT is correct) along that section, except Rushton, surely that can't be right with the withdrawal of the all stops D&G 109 ?.
I wonder if there may be more to this than initially meets the eye.
It will be domestic hours. 100%. No one would do it differently. I believe that the X57 changeovers are at Snake Pass so least it's not the end. Driving to/from the depot, as long as it's in a car, I don't belive counts towards drivers hours (legally anyway, company contract may be different so depends on unions).

As for interworking, the route would be X1 and X57 interworking. They don't interwork it now. I think they were going to on Sundays but opted against it because of the punctuality risk.

The last section, you raise some good points. I think we will have to wait for more official information. We've got another 2.5 weeks so I guess more timetables will come out slowly.
(19/08/2021 06:14)iMarkeh Wrote:  The Airport is not on the X1. From the AVP to Manchester, it runs as an X57 (and there are notices saying that on the timetable). At least one timetable is slightly wrong though as the times shown for the viewing park on Staffordshires timetable are the Airport Interchange times on the TSY timetable.

Staffordshire CC have listed the X57 stops between the viewing park and central Manchester on the X1 timetable, with the exception of the airport interchange. Hence, why I flagged it.

Quote:. I think if the X1 takes off and they can afford it, possibly it will be the X1 from Ashbourne to Manchester, not interworking as this is one hell of a journey for any driver to do. 4 hours non stop.

I wouldn't rule out drivers changing vehicles. Arriva Winsford drivers sometimes have a break in Northwich, while D&G Wincham drivers have a break in Knutsford, even when the vehicle has been handed on to another driver.
(19/08/2021 00:49)iMarkeh Wrote:  This would imply that the route could go via Alderley Edge or even could do what the X71 buses do on a Sunday when they interwork between the X71 and X57. Go via the A523 then the Link Road. I think it is fully traffic dependant and will adjust route accordingly.

So the only potential competition between the X1 and 130 appears to be Macclesfield to Manchester Airport. Although, if locals see the X1 passing through Alderley Edge/Wilmslow/Handforth, I expect someone to ask about it stopping there.

We already know about what's happening with the 108/109 and presumably there's no contracted Mon-Sat daytime services between Fallowfield and the city centre and if there are the X57 is already competing with it.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)