Current time: 04/05/2024, 11:35 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Selwyns
RE: Selwyns
(30/07/2021 05:39)Mrboo Wrote:  Is Selwyns No longer doing NX from Manchester to Liverpool as can only find 1 coach a day. the 175 service.

The Service between Liverpool and Manchester hasn’t been reintroduced yet, they currently only operate a limited number of journeys over the Pennines between Manchester and Leeds. Hopefully things will get back to normal soon
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(30/07/2021 05:39)Mrboo Wrote:  Is Selwyns No longer doing NX from Manchester to Liverpool as can only find 1 coach a day. the 175 service.

Selwyns still run National Express routes. 550 Liverpool - London, 540 Manchester - London, 422 Manchester - London (night), 423 Liverpool - London (night), 171 Leeds - Chester. The 175 is operated by Llew Jones at the moment. Think there are more from Sharston but the London one's I've listed are operated from Runcorn and Sharston. The Leeds is Sharston operated at the moment.

Starting tomorrow from the new Leeds operation are the 171 Leeds - Chester, 131 Leeds - Birmingham and 135 Leeds - Leicester. There is no depot in Leeds at the moment so coaches are being rotated at Manchester and stored in the coach station in Leeds overnight. Also starting this weekend is a new 551 service from Liverpool-London which calls at Birkenhead, Chester, Nantwich, Stoke, Birmingham, Coventry, Milton Keynes and London.

Follow me on Flickr. https://www.flickr.com/people/135528304@N03/
(31/07/2021 08:49)clarkethomas94 Wrote:  Selwyns still run National Express routes. 550 Liverpool - London, 540 Manchester - London, 422 Manchester - London (night), 423 Liverpool - London (night), 171 Leeds - Chester. The 175 is operated by Llew Jones at the moment. Think there are more from Sharston but the London one's I've listed are operated from Runcorn and Sharston. The Leeds is Sharston operated at the moment.

Starting tomorrow from the new Leeds operation are the 171 Leeds - Chester, 131 Leeds - Birmingham and 135 Leeds - Leicester. There is no depot in Leeds at the moment so coaches are being rotated at Manchester and stored in the coach station in Leeds overnight. Also starting this weekend is a new 551 service from Liverpool-London which calls at Birkenhead, Chester, Nantwich, Stoke, Birmingham, Coventry, Milton Keynes and London.
171 is only showing as Manchester to Leeds. Not Chester. Is Chester a future expansion?
Chester is the 174.
(31/07/2021 08:49)clarkethomas94 Wrote:  Starting tomorrow from the new Leeds operation are the 171 Leeds - Chester, 131 Leeds - Birmingham and 135 Leeds - Leicester. There is no depot in Leeds at the moment so coaches are being rotated at Manchester and stored in the coach station in Leeds overnight. Also starting this weekend is a new 551 service from Liverpool-London which calls at Birkenhead, Chester, Nantwich, Stoke, Birmingham, Coventry, Milton Keynes and London.

Interesting calling point, especially since Altrincham seems to have been removed from the network.
(31/07/2021 13:30)iMarkeh Wrote:  171 is only showing as Manchester to Leeds. Not Chester. Is Chester a future expansion?
Chester is the 174.

Yeah sorry Mark i mean't the 171 manchester and 174 chester.

Follow me on Flickr. https://www.flickr.com/people/135528304@N03/
(31/07/2021 16:43)knutstransport Wrote:  Interesting calling point, especially since Altrincham seems to have been removed from the network.
Lots are getting removed going by the speed of return of services. And there been talk within drivers.that they will not return the one a day services in some areas With flexbus starting to get dominant but are fast to cut s service with less then 24 hrs notice. Like today the service at 15:30 Manchester to London was pulled and 3 weeks ago they pulled the Leeds over night to London with 6 hrs warning then refunding money leaving me stuck in Sheffield with no funds or coach. The big fear is this will be the new coach network of pull a service if there less than % sold.and what so bad is they will still sell tickets on a service then after payment say service been cancelled and offer a refund so take your payment.

So I really hope they go back to a coach every hour but I feel them days are gone
(31/07/2021 17:00)clarkethomas94 Wrote:  Yeah sorry Mark i mean't the 171 manchester and 174 chester.
Thought you were sharing inside goss haha.
(31/07/2021 20:42)Mrboo Wrote:  Lots are getting removed going by the speed of return of services. And there been talk within drivers.that they will not return the one a day services in some areas With flexbus starting to get dominant but are fast to cut s service with less then 24 hrs notice. Like today the service at 15:30 Manchester to London was pulled and 3 weeks ago they pulled the Leeds over night to London with 6 hrs warning then refunding money leaving me stuck in Sheffield with no funds or coach. The big fear is this will be the new coach network of pull a service if there less than % sold.and what so bad is they will still sell tickets on a service then after payment say service been cancelled and offer a refund so take your payment.

So I really hope they go back to a coach every hour but I feel them days are gone

How can flixbus be described as dominant they operate 17 routes NX are currently operating 92 routes with a number of routes still to be reintroduced
(31/07/2021 16:43)knutstransport Wrote:  Interesting calling point, especially since Altrincham seems to have been removed from the network.
When was Altrincham last served? Wow, not seen a stop there for a long time.

I think Nantwich is one of those which is on that way and not much time penalty so might as well serve it. Can't see many people using it.
(01/08/2021 09:34)iMarkeh Wrote:  When was Altrincham last served? Wow, not seen a stop there for a long time.

I'm not sure when it stopped but there was a service advertised on the NX website within the last 10 years, I'm pretty sure it was a Burnley to London service. Of course NX sometimes skip calls if there's no-one pre-booked to get on or off there so it might be some days it didn't make the booked call at Alty.

With Flixbus, Megabus and NX all running Manchester to London services I think one of them should look at the option of a regular 'South Manchester' call which isn't the airport. It's much easier for someone get a lift to somewhere like Altrincham Interchange than the airport and taxis can be much cheaper too.

Quote:I think Nantwich is one of those which is on that way and not much time penalty so might as well serve it. Can't see many people using it.

It does remove some flexibility though if there's roadworks/an accident as there's more options for Chester to Stoke than there are for Chester to Nantwich to Stoke.

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)