Current time: 01/05/2024, 20:18 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

What's in a Username
RE: What's in a Username
Mine is what is most arguably the most historically important vehicle to ever operate in my hometown! Not only is it the last Lynx built, but the last single deck Leyland built and the last Leyland bought new and operated by Halton after 70 odd years of operating Leylands!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
SNL 824 was numerically the last of Crosville's first batch of Nationals allocated new to Heswall. I used to ride on it frequently to and from school. Fantastic bus - I think it ended up at Gatwick Airport after Crosville.
Mine, of course is from Palatine, ex Arriva Birkenhead 3301. This was my favourite of the bunch and all because when I first seen it all those years ago, it had no rear dest and numberplate fitted in the usual place.
Wirralbus , well im sure a lot of you interested in buses on Merseyside will remember the operation of the said name , they used Leyland National's and Park Royal Atlantaen's that came from Ribble for operation of the 10/10A and 64/64A (remember them good old fashioned numbers before the 4** numbers became prevalent ).

Those were the days of good old fashioned what deregulation was for days before we fell into the staid days we have now .
Can't agree more Wirralbus - far more interesting back in those days in terms of both operators and vehicles.
(16/06/2012 07:33)wirralbus Wrote:  Wirralbus , well im sure a lot of you interested in buses on Merseyside will remember the operation of the said name , they used Leyland National's and Park Royal Atlantaen's that came from Ribble for operation of the 10/10A and 64/64A (remember them good old fashioned numbers before the 4** numbers became prevalent ).

Those were the days of good old fashioned what deregulation was for days before we fell into the staid days we have now .

I remember Wirralbus myself, remember the 2A, 2B.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
Mine was names after the only decent bus A1A had 50 was a little beast miss it on the 106
My username is Scania1996 because I love all Scania buses and 1996 because that is when all of the ANW Ultralows were registered.(Also I was born in 1996:P)
Metroline is my on-off fave London bus company, and the name appears on bus stops in West Yorkshire. Meanwhile, 1511 is my birthday!
That's my daughter's birthday too.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)