Current time: 05/05/2024, 07:07 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Go North West
RE: Go North West
New arrivals from East Yorkshire today consisted of 4x Volvo B7TL Gemini 1's 702 (YX55DHJ), 707 (YX06CXJ), 708 (YX06CXK) and 712 (YX06CXN), 4 more are expected to follow.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Go North West will be taking over the following cancelled Diamond North West routes from 16/17th April:

PC2021320/64 Registered
GO NORTH WEST LIMITED
Route: Bolton to Horwich via Chorley New Rd, Horwich, Old Lords Estate
Service number: 575
Service type: Normal Stopping
Effective date: 17 Apr 2023

PC2021320/63 Registered
GO NORTH WEST LIMITED
Route: Bolton to Withins
Service number: 562
Effective date: 16 Apr 2023

PC2021320/62 Registered
GO NORTH WEST LIMITED
Route: Bolton to Withins
Service number: 561

PC2021320/61 Registered
GO NORTH WEST LIMITED
Route: Bolton to Westhoughton via Deane Rd, Ladybridge
Service number: 520 (520)
Effective date: 17 Apr 2023

PC2021320/60 Registered
GO NORTH WEST LIMITED
Route: Manchester to Bury via Middleton, Langley
Service number: 163 (163)
Find all posts by this user
Does GNW have space at Queens Road for all these additional services?
Not sure what the capacity currently is at Queens, or will they be looking at an outstation near Bolton for the time being until the franchising phase 1 takes place.
(29/01/2023 22:34)Mayneway Wrote:  Reports on a Facebook enthusiast group suggesting 4 Volvo B7’s have been withdrawn from the GNE fleet and are being prepared for transfer to GNW in the coming days prompting rumours they are for some kind of replacement for the 163 service.

I saw that post just after I saw the conformation that GNW were taking over the withdrawn commercial Diamond routes.

Although I did note the registration numbers of the 4 B7s reported to be transferring and think they must be being used on some of the Queens Road commercial services, with vehicles currently on those routes being cascaded onto the 163 and the other ex-diamond routes. The new routes will be tendered and the 4 GNE B7s are too old for TfGM's 15 year tender limit.
(07/03/2023 08:17)60301 Wrote:  I saw that post just after I saw the conformation that GNW were taking over the withdrawn commercial Diamond routes.

Although I did note the registration numbers of the 4 B7s reported to be transferring and think they must be being used on some of the Queens Road commercial services, with vehicles currently on those routes being cascaded onto the 163 and the other ex-diamond routes. The new routes will be tendered and the 4 GNE B7s are too old for TfGM's 15 year tender limit.

I think you'll find the GNE B7TL's have gone to Bluestar in Southampton for service increases following the closure of First Southampton. Bluestar have had 13 ex GNE Geminis numbered 6901-6913.
(06/03/2023 21:53)Manc93 Wrote:  Does GNW have space at Queens Road for all these additional services?
Not sure what the capacity currently is at Queens, or will they be looking at an outstation near Bolton for the time being until the franchising phase 1 takes place.

From information that’s been given to drivers they are setting up a temporary depot which will house an additional 26 buses for these emergency tenders. Apparently the evosetti’s will transfer to the new depot and the older vehicles coming in on loan will fill the gap at Queens road on a temporary basis.
Will GNW take over bolton depot in September, saves sending buses away for repaint, if they keep the paintshop open.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonesy3001/

If it's not in london they dont want to know
(07/03/2023 16:48)jonesy3001 Wrote:  Will GNW take over bolton depot in September, saves sending buses away for repaint, if they keep the paintshop open.

Yes they take over the depot towards the end of September.
From what I saw on Social Media yesterday it seems more B7s are on their way to Go Northwest this time at least 2 or maybe more are due from Xelabus, whether these are for the new services from April or current services remains to be seen.
(07/03/2023 10:26)Winston Wrote:  I think you'll find the GNE B7TL's have gone to Bluestar in Southampton for service increases following the closure of First Southampton. Bluestar have had 13 ex GNE Geminis numbered 6901-6913.

I was referring to these

(04/03/2023 13:55)bgbus21 Wrote:  New arrivals from East Yorkshire today consisted of 4x Volvo B7TL Gemini 1's 702 (YX55DHJ), 707 (YX06CXJ), 708 (YX06CXK) and 712 (YX06CXN), 4 more are expected to follow.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)