Current time: 06/05/2024, 05:58 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Go North West
RE: Go North West
(28/11/2022 17:16)efanmthomas Wrote:  Go North West have now got 6 more Volvo B7RLE Eclipse 2s from Go South Coast with confirmed fleet and reg numbers.

6165 HJ63 JOV
6166 HJ63 JPF
6167 BN64 CNO
6168 BN64 CNU
6169 BN64 CNV
6170 HF64 BSU

They are to replace the Citaros and will be going into CrossCity livery for the 41s.

Formerly 2287-2292 and based at Eastleigh with Bluestar, presumably converted to single door as well....

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
According to Quack77 they have got 9 Volvo B5LH Gemini 3s from Go Ahead London, can anyone confirm that if there are also due please?

For recent interests of bus photos please visit my Flickr account below:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/135097870@N02/

For my Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/EfanThomasTheBusEnthusiast/

And check out my Instagram page for more recent bus photos:
@emt_buses.175

Also check out with my TikTok account:
@emt_busenthusiast_175
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(28/11/2022 17:42)gka472l Wrote:  Formerly 2287-2292 and based at Eastleigh with Bluestar, presumably converted to single door as well....

Not converted to single door yet. Currently at queens road in duel door and bluestar livery. They say they can get them covered to single door quicker in the north.
8 citaros will be withdrawn when these go into service
I would use them with the 2 doors on the 135 or 41 and see how it goes.
I've seen it happen before that drivers don't use the second door and get fed up explaining what's going on to passengers all the time, or block off the doors and clearly mark them as not in use, which could look kind of unprofessional in my opinion.
When two doors are used inappropriately, I've also seen it happen that passengers are let off straight into mud, a lamppost etc.
(29/11/2022 22:45)Valandil Wrote:  I've seen it happen before that drivers don't use the second door and get fed up explaining what's going on to passengers all the time, or block off the doors and clearly mark them as not in use, which could look kind of unprofessional in my opinion.
When two doors are used inappropriately, I've also seen it happen that passengers are let off straight into mud, a lamppost etc.

We used to use them at Hyde rd on the 141s.....problem was if you had 1 where the bell didn't ring in the cab the bus stopping sign was behind the cab you didn't know when people wanted to get off
Whilst the two-door option is ideal, there is issues as well with TfGM bus stations not being built for the second door and the fact that it also reduces the seating capacity downstairs due to the space the middle doors take up.

Will be nice when they get converted and hopefully will see them on the 41 as that really does struggle (along with other operators in this area) on the South Manchester part of the route with capacity when the single deckers are used.

Play City Bus Manager? I've compiled collections from different bus mods helpfully created by the community:
https://steamcommunity.com/id/dounowhoia...id=1364210

Play "Bus Simulator 18" on PC, check out my "Finglands" bus mod:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...2122981042
(30/11/2022 17:29)dounowhoiam Wrote:  Whilst the two-door option is ideal, there is issues as well with TfGM bus stations not being built for the second door and the fact that it also reduces the seating capacity downstairs due to the space the middle doors take up.

Will be nice when they get converted and hopefully will see them on the 41 as that really does struggle (along with other operators in this area) on the South Manchester part of the route with capacity when the single deckers are used.
Capacity is not lower but higher as more standing. Less seatingand more standingand buggy more is better for routes that are known for short hops. You tend to use 2 doors for routes with short hops with standing. Bus Stations are not a issue as most tend to use a stop to allight then move to a stop to board. The 135 bendy had 2 doors passengers learn to use right doors and if a middle door can't be used at a bus station
most passangers travel often so they know mot to use that door. Even London has single door routes so passanger can work it out. Drivers should not be using bus stop signs to know if they need to stop they should check there bus stop on dash and ifca bell push does not work they need to repair and it a easy fix. The bus stopping sign is a aid for passengers.
(30/11/2022 21:56)Mrboo Wrote:  Capacity is not lower but higher as more standing. Less seatingand more standingand buggy more is better for routes that are known for short hops. You tend to use 2 doors for routes with short hops with standing. Bus Stations are not a issue as most tend to use a stop to allight then move to a stop to board. The 135 bendy had 2 doors passengers learn to use right doors and if a middle door can't be used at a bus station
most passangers travel often so they know mot to use that door. Even London has single door routes so passanger can work it out. Drivers should not be using bus stop signs to know if they need to stop they should check there bus stop on dash and ifca bell push does not work they need to repair and it a easy fix. The bus stopping sign is a aid for passengers.
Aren't dual doors idea though for a route like the 41? Cross city with more simultaneous boarding and alighting?

Granted would cause issues at Middleton Bus Stn but I am sure that there could be a one off exceptions for Mid for it to be front door only.
The problem with some dual door buses is that as I've said on here in the past the bell is actually connected to the rear set of doors so won't reset unless the rear set have been opened which is something the dual doored buses Stagecoach Manchester had a problem with.

Another problem is wheelchair spaces as with some dual door buses the wheelchair space is located adjacent to the rear set of doors.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)