Current time: 19/04/2024, 23:36 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Go North West
RE: Go North West
(06/11/2021 14:57)Metroline1511 Wrote:  It is believed on the London bus forum that 16 Volvo B5LH - MCV EvoSetis are heading here from Go-Ahead London once they lose route 63 later this month.

This seems unlikely because the ex-First Volvo B9TLs are being refurbished and medium-term vehicle needs will depend on how franchising in the area pans out.

The older 07/57 reg B9’s haven’t had the exhaust modifications etc so they are most probably a replacement for them.
The MD of GNW had hinted that some ex London hybrids were coming to Manchester although I’m sure he said 20 originally.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(06/11/2021 17:14)Mrboo Wrote:  They are good for Clean air zone. Manchester is a dumping ground until they have won any bid to run buses in Manchester if not they will move any good buses out same with others they could if they wanted pull every bus out of manchester just before there little to stop them if they are really bitter but unlikey as no matter what it be a big group taking it over and a clean hand over should happen as most managerment are friends at top level.

Most of Vision bus are ex London buses with Middle door removed and a paint job.

Manchester has seen ex London vehicles for years it’s nothing new. The majority of the GNW Enviro200’s are ex London and are good work horses so don’t really see it as a dumping ground.
(06/11/2021 19:35)Mayneway Wrote:  The older 07/57 reg B9’s haven’t had the exhaust modifications etc so they are most probably a replacement for them.
The MD of GNW had hinted that some ex London hybrids were coming to Manchester although I’m sure he said 20 originally.

The word I've heard from gnw management is the evosetis are coming, that's true, but they're going to replace the grey fronted Citaros which are proving very unreliable since having euro 6 conversions. The pink fronted Citaros are planned to stay
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(06/11/2021 19:37)Mayneway Wrote:  Manchester has seen ex London vehicles for years it’s nothing new. The majority of the GNW Enviro200’s are ex London and are good work horses so don’t really see it as a dumping ground.
What the battery's like on them? What other units would want them? They are clearly stop gap buses or they be found work within go ahead London on the Commercial unit. Now that is the dumping ground for Brighton and Hove and Go Ahead London as come of the sh*t I had rack up on RR. But when I say dumping ground in this case iis buses that not fit the profile of more profitable areas so they don't mind letting TFGM take over. They are good buses but not new but will they work in hybrid fully as it like the routemasters the battery's make them worthless to some
(06/11/2021 20:39)NorthernCounties Wrote:  The word I've heard from gnw management is the evosetis are coming, that's true, but they're going to replace the grey fronted Citaros which are proving very unreliable since having euro 6 conversions. The pink fronted Citaros are planned to stay

The grey ones seem in better condition than the pink, strange when they all come from same batch but in all honesty they are old and past there best - GNE are currently trying to sell the rest of the batch and reading some of the comments from time served operators etc it’s questionable why GNW spent any money on them in the first place.
(06/11/2021 20:45)Mrboo Wrote:  What the battery's like on them? What other units would want them? They are clearly stop gap buses or they be found work within go ahead London on the Commercial unit. Now that is the dumping ground for Brighton and Hove and Go Ahead London as come of the sh*t I had rack up on RR. But when I say dumping ground in this case iis buses that not fit the profile of more profitable areas so they don't mind letting TFGM take over. They are good buses but not new but will they work in hybrid fully as it like the routemasters the battery's make them worthless to some

Don’t think it’s got anything to do with TFGM YET! They can quiet easily ship buses out just before franchising if they choose too.
You mention Brighton and Hove, but many operators have jumped at the chance to own B&H buses because they are so well maintained.
Thank you for your replies indicating that these London MHVs are indeed coming here.

I doubt they will be refurbished until it is known whether these are here long-term. If not, they could eventually replace older double-deckers in Dorset or East Yorkshire where there are already EvoSetis in service.
(07/11/2021 12:01)Metroline1511 Wrote:  Thank you for your replies indicating that these London MHVs are indeed coming here.

I doubt they will be refurbished until it is known whether these are here long-term. If not, they could eventually replace older double-deckers in Dorset or East Yorkshire where there are already EvoSetis in service.

I would imagine they will go to Thornton’s for repaint and some kind of internal refurb, plus centre door removal??

Does seem strange for these to come to Manchester over Wright or ADL bodied deckers. Anything’s better than the god awful Streetdecks.
Does anyone know whats happened to 6203 & 6215
(18/11/2021 22:35)darylyates17 Wrote:  Does anyone know whats happened to 6203 & 6215

6203 afaik has not even entered service.

---
Thanks
Ant

Check out my YouTube Channel updated regularly at 18:00 Most Days;
https://www.youtube.com/c/apdmediatransp...nel/videos

Check out my content on Flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter/albums

Updated recently with a trip down to the South Coast in 2021 & Railway Pictures from 2017.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)