Current time: 28/03/2024, 17:50 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Go North West
RE: Go North West - FLEETNEWS ONLY - NO STRIKE TALK!
So why put Vinyl's on the buses saying better buses are on their way and claiming the B7s are only a stop-gap until the these replacements arrive when in reality this isn't the case? Either Queens Road are getting replacements or their not?

Surely if the B7s are only a temporary measure now something has to replace them shortly? So as I've asked what is due to replace them?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(08/07/2021 05:58)M60lad Wrote:  So why put Vinyl's on the buses saying better buses are on their way and claiming the B7s are only a stop-gap until the these replacements arrive when in reality this isn't the case? Either Queens Road are getting replacements or their not?

Surely if the B7s are only a temporary measure now something has to replace them shortly? So as I've asked what is due to replace them?

I can only repeat what’s been said elsewhere. The B7’s are to remain while the last batch of citaros are prepped for service and while the rest of the fleet is upgraded to meet the new emissions standards.
(08/07/2021 10:10)Mayneway Wrote:  I can only repeat what’s been said elsewhere. The B7’s are to remain while the last batch of citaros are prepped for service and while the rest of the fleet is upgraded to meet the new emissions standards.

What emissions standards do these Citaros meet? Cheers
(08/07/2021 05:58)M60lad Wrote:  So why put Vinyl's on the buses saying better buses are on their way and claiming the B7s are only a stop-gap until the these replacements arrive when in reality this isn't the case? Either Queens Road are getting replacements or their not?

I think the key is the ambiguity of the word better.

Better could merely refer to the exhaust upgrades on the existing fleet.
(08/07/2021 15:43)djb Wrote:  I think the key is the ambiguity of the word better.

Better could merely refer to the exhaust upgrades on the existing fleet.

Exactly ‘better’ as in better for the environment.
How many Citaroes have Go Northwest got now? Is there many more to enter service as I've recently seen the Cross City ones and the generic Go Northwest ones on 41.
(09/07/2021 05:53)M60lad Wrote:  How many Citaroes have Go Northwest got now? Is there many more to enter service as I've recently seen the Cross City ones and the generic Go Northwest ones on 41.

Think it’s around 23. They are now in use but I think it’s fair to say they are dogged with problems.
(09/07/2021 11:09)Mayneway Wrote:  Think it’s around 23. They are now in use but I think it’s fair to say they are dogged with problems.

Of these the first 6 are yet to enter service afaik.

---
Thanks
Ant

Check out my YouTube Channel updated regularly at 18:00 Most Days;
https://www.youtube.com/c/apdmediatransp...nel/videos

Check out my content on Flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter/albums

Updated recently with a trip down to the South Coast in 2021 & Railway Pictures from 2017.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(09/07/2021 11:09)Mayneway Wrote:  Think it’s around 23. They are now in use but I think it’s fair to say they are dogged with problems.

What sort of problems are they having?
New service announced in "notices and proceedings" for a one day service for Worsley Live Festival

Registration of New Services
PC2021320/40
GO NORTH WEST LIMITED, GO NORTH WEST LIMITED, BOYLE
STREET, MANCHESTER, M8 8UT
To: Worsley Live Festival
Via:
Name or No.: WL1 / WL1
Service type: Limited Stop
Effective date: 29 August 2021
End date: 29 August 2021
Other details: New Service
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)