Current time: 19/04/2024, 12:52 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Go North West
RE: Go North West
(25/01/2024 16:57)Y458 KNF Wrote:  Is it possible vehicles could stay on loan I can understand the B9s being sold off to Stagecoach before they get replaced.

I would have thought the B9’s would have gone to GNE. Can’t see TFGM paying GNW much for them given their age and condition.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(25/01/2024 17:06)Mayneway Wrote:  I would have thought the B9’s would have gone to GNE. Can’t see TFGM paying GNW much for them given their age and condition.

If what happened with Rotalas fleet they’ll be bought by Stagecoach as apparently Go Ahead own the sold Rotala vehicles

Youtube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWlqEkh...wHyRfm5C_A
(25/01/2024 17:05)Mayneway Wrote:  Very surprised about the B9’s. They become too old for contracts in March, and are in a really poor condition. I honestly thought their future was in the North east where they seem to maintain them a lot better. 3215 went over then came back fully refurbished and was like a new bus.

I think the age limit for buses has been waved as long as they're Euro 6, hence why there's an 08 plate Stagecoach trident in Bee Network livery. According to the MD of Stagecoach Manchester, the B9s will remain in service with Stagecoach at Queens Road until at least the end of 2024.
(25/01/2024 17:24)ManchesterBusEnthusiast Wrote:  I think the age limit for buses has been waved as long as they're Euro 6, hence why there's an 08 plate Stagecoach trident in Bee Network livery. According to the MD of Stagecoach Manchester, the B9s will remain in service with Stagecoach at Queens Road until at least the end of 2024.

I wouldn't be surprised if the age limit is just a temporary thing

Youtube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWlqEkh...wHyRfm5C_A
I think the Euro 6 rule will be what is temporary, until all buses reach that stage or above, then the 15 year age limit will kick back into place, unless of course the next thing happens and we have buses being converted from diesel or hybrid to electric.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)