Current time: 20/04/2024, 12:03 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West Possible Jan/Feb Fleet Movement
RE: Arriva North West Possible Jan/Feb Fleet Movement
(08/02/2021 17:47)MPTE1955 Wrote:  It's more a merseytravel rule here, basically merseytravel don't want buses older than 15 years old using their bus stations. Other areas still have 51 plates running about

It doesn't quite go to plan though as link network are using a 18 yr old solo on there 329 which uses st Helen's bus station.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(08/02/2021 18:21)motormayhem1 Wrote:  It doesn't quite go to plan though as link network are using a 18 yr old solo on there 329 which uses st Helen's bus station.

No that's true, seems a bit silly to me, especially at the moment. Perfectly serviceable buses withdrawn because the local transport authority deems them too old. Let's face it, there can't be much sign of any new buses yet.
(08/02/2021 18:46)MPTE1955 Wrote:  No that's true, seems a bit silly to me, especially at the moment. Perfectly serviceable buses withdrawn because the local transport authority deems them too old. Let's face it, there can't be much sign of any new buses yet.

I thought it was only on tendered services where the 15 year old rule is actually compulsory seen plenty of vehicles use merseytravel bus stations that are over 15 years old, 2730 was 17 years old when it got withdrawn but still used merseytravel bus stations right up until it’s withdrawal.
(08/02/2021 02:01)B10B6514 Wrote:  Cadet movements I've had confirmed are:-

2514 Rhyl to Pool
2529 Laird St to Pool
2530/6-41/6/7 Runcorn to Pool
2548 Laird St to Pool
2549 Runcorn to Pool
2552 Runcorn to Rhyl
2553 Laird St to Pool

Commanders on the move are:-
2504 Wythenshawe to Disposal
2581 Green Lane to Pool
2582 St. Helens to Pool
2585 Bootle to Wythenshawe

Centro
2615 St.Helens to Pool
St helens to loose another 2 vehicles, wonder what will replace them, if anything
(08/02/2021 21:15)chris-s Wrote:  St helens to loose another 2 vehicles, wonder what will replace them, if anything

Nothing will replace them I think , as due to the recent pvr drop of around 7 veichles they may just get parked up temporarily in the pool till the pvr goes back up.
If you think we lost 3 pulsars and 4414 to southport , 1 pulsar to runcorn then 2582/2615 to the pool that totals the drop of 7.
It's what will replace them if and when the pvr goes back up.
(08/02/2021 18:46)MPTE1955 Wrote:  No that's true, seems a bit silly to me, especially at the moment. Perfectly serviceable buses withdrawn because the local transport authority deems them too old. Let's face it, there can't be much sign of any new buses yet.

The age limit is part of the Bus Alliance which both Arriva and Stagecoach signed up to, it's about time Arriva started investing in the fleet otherwise they will be wondering one day why there's no bus manufacturers around to buy from, or passengers who are fed up with riding on clapped out buses
(10/02/2021 10:42)1466 Wrote:  The age limit is part of the Bus Alliance which both Arriva and Stagecoach signed up to, it's about time Arriva started investing in the fleet otherwise they will be wondering one day why there's no bus manufacturers around to buy from, or passengers who are fed up with riding on clapped out buses

Its a vicious cycle in a deregulated market place , as you need the passengers farebox revenue to continually invest in there equipment be it buses and ticket machines , at the moment the bottom has fallen out of the passenger market , so do you want the bus companies to take a gamble on new buses that may no longer have any passengers for them.

The big bus companies are waiting to see where the dust settles on the market , we may have seen the high water mark just before the Pandemic struck , if thats the case some manufacturers of vehicle may have to downsize themselves to adapt to the marketplace.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)