Current time: 17/05/2024, 04:44 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Get me there and Contactless card payment
RE: Get me there and Contactless card payment
(15/01/2021 18:49)Liamkennedy2231 Wrote:  I know you can buy Get Me There tickets for the Metrolink via their app. I think there should be a push for other products to be sold this way, which will help the fraud problem. Especially if QR Code verification is in place, which it is for most if not all operators in Greater Manchester
More companies should look in depth at the app to smartcard tickets via NFC. A lot of people like the convenience of paying by phone but don't like using the phone as a ticket (phones die and stuff like that). By using the transfer to smartcard via NFC method, people pay in the most convenient way and have the security of the smartcard.

That is the way forward I think. It's already being done on trains and by some bus apps. This would be a win, win. Less people paying by contactless onboard (which reduces the risk of payments bouncing) which then speeds up dwell times and I don't think there would be any ongoing cost with it either. The benefits to the customer are above.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Get me there and Contactless card payment - iMarkeh - 15/01/2021 19:54

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)