Current time: 28/03/2024, 12:40 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseytravel gain London Style Bus Powers
RE: Merseytravel gain London Style Bus Powers
(17/06/2012 21:36)ste Wrote:  With regards to fleets I think Stagecoach and Arriva are about on par. I find Arriva are ever so slightly better for leg room on their modern vehicles. In short both companies have R reg vehicles running, both have buses that could rattle the skeleton out of you and both have buses people over 5ft can't sit on. The only difference in fleet i could see is Stagecoach having to source more and newer deckers, as if I am not mistaken they have 6? and most are 11-13years old now? Not including the Olympians in storeage for when the "newer" ones head back down south for the Olympics.

Even though there Arriva Pulsars i feel there more comfortable than the Stagecoach Enviro 300s, was on the 10A on Stagecoach Enviro & had to get off at Prescot due to the poor legroom, i dont get why big buses like the Enviro 300 have such poor legroom.Huh

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(18/06/2012 18:43)MTL0201 Wrote:  
(17/06/2012 21:36)ste Wrote:  With regards to fleets I think Stagecoach and Arriva are about on par. I find Arriva are ever so slightly better for leg room on their modern vehicles. In short both companies have R reg vehicles running, both have buses that could rattle the skeleton out of you and both have buses people over 5ft can't sit on. The only difference in fleet i could see is Stagecoach having to source more and newer deckers, as if I am not mistaken they have 6? and most are 11-13years old now? Not including the Olympians in storeage for when the "newer" ones head back down south for the Olympics.

Even though there Arriva Pulsars i feel there more comfortable than the Stagecoach Enviro 300s, was on the 10A on Stagecoach Enviro & had to get off at Prescot due to the poor legroom, i dont get why big buses like the Enviro 300 have such poor legroom.Huh

It could be trying to fit too many seats in to the bus .

These days the bus companies have to ensure that they comply with all relevant DDA and all newer legislation , its time that passenger comfort especially to our long legged people who find travelling around on public transport these days so uncomfortable with legs at right angles just to get a decent position .
Those enviro's are lovely buses but there are only certain places that you want to sit, the 11 platers have less leg room than the 61 & 12 platers which a bit better. Seat before the back on drivers side is the place to sit on the 11 platers as more room due to the emergency door.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)