Current time: 03/05/2024, 21:34 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Your memories of 20 years of the MDDW!
RE: Your memories of 20 years of the MDDW!
While i am only 25 so cant comment too far back but i feel i can respond to the Questions in the Nine Years i have been a Bus Enthusiast!

One of the most unexpected changes for me is how many routes Arriva have lost, Back when i started Bus Spotting Arriva North West and Wales had around 980 Buses in Service and i think now its around 800. A lot of the welsh division and some big cuts in Greater Manchester are mostly down to that.

As for the What could have been, Its an opinion that will divide people but Strawberry could have been a good Bus operator but the frequent changes to Commercial Services meant people could not get used to them so for the most part did not work out, Then they gave up most their Contracted routes at once (There where reports on here at the time they had under bidded but we will never know for sure!) then the company merged with SLT and ceased to be.

The Bus type that really got me into the hobby was the Wright Axcess Ultralows, Very powerful and great sounding Buses which i will forever miss!

The Livery i like the most currently is the Stagecoach Beachball Livery, Still looks modern to me and better than the current Livery which feels too White!

As for Photos, I have around 6 Years of Photos but one that stands out for me is Stagecoach Gillmoss Wright Axcess Flonline S102 TNB on the 53A at Aintree Station

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Your memories of 20 years of the MDDW! - T42 PVM - 26/10/2020 15:45

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)