Current time: 19/04/2024, 19:06 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Your memories of 20 years of the MDDW!
RE: Your memories of 20 years of the MDDW!
(07/11/2020 13:14)R557 ABA Wrote:  A big thank you to everyone who has made this website an enjoyable place to learn about buses throughout Merseyside, the North West and further afield for more than 20 years.

I've been a frequent visitor to the website for the last 14 years and contributed my first photo for the popular news pages back in 2007 (below).

[Image: 8200.jpg]
H107 GEV after conversion to promote Liverpool being European Capital of Culture for 2008.

What is the most unexpected change over that time?
I think my comments echo that of SK15 GZG, I wasn't expecting so many routes to return to double-deck operation after the big influx of single deckers. It's great to see demand has increased over time. I guess the next thing to watch out for is the conversion of traditional diesel buses over to electric, hydrogen and CNG.

What 'could have beens' do you remember the most?
As many are aware the rumour mill runs wild in this connected age. As buses7675 said, the fact that Go-Ahead were so close to buying Gillmoss leaves a lot of 'could have beens'.

What is your favourite bus or type over that period?
There are so many I could talk about but the introduction of articulated buses to the 500, 501 and 699 were certainly interesting to me. I do recall Arriva scoping all sorts of routes throughout Merseyside before their introduction - yet more 'could have beens'.

Favourite liveries (or least favourite) from that time?
Favourite has to be Arriva Sapphire pre 2017

What is your own personal favourite photograph of a bus taken during that time?
I've so many favourites, but I'll hark back to this one of the North West Vehicle Restoration Trust's Dennis Dart SLF/Plaxton Pointer P533 MBU working the free Boxing Day 80B to Garston in 2013. For me, it took me back to my childhood of seeing these operate the 18 from Woodside to Mill Park Estate before the R-reg Dennis Dart SLFs arrived for that route.

[Image: IMG_7960.JPG]
Wirral Peninsula liveried P533 MBU on Banks Road in Garston, working the 80B to Garston.
Do you have a better quality shot of P533 MBU? If i remember correctly i was sat at the back and my Friend was driving so would not mind zooming in for a look Smile

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
A belated happy 20th birthday to the forum!

I first remember finding the website, and commenting on the guestbook when trying to find out some information regarding Rainford routes moving to St Helens depot from Skem. This would have been close to 15 years ago now. How time flies!

I was lucky to be a moderator on the forum during its earlier years, and it has been great to see the forum grow from strength to strength.

I may not contribute as much as I used to, however this is still the place that I go to find any news on the local bus scene.

Its a credit to the forum members, the moderators, and most importantly Steve, for making this forum / website what it is today. Here’s to the next 20 years!

Find all posts by this user
(07/11/2020 15:39)T42 PVM Wrote:  Do you have a better quality shot of P533 MBU? If i remember correctly i was sat at the back and my Friend was driving so would not mind zooming in for a look Smile

You'll have to excuse the Blogger URL, bus here is a larger version.
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-mFHl-PPB7hk/X...G_7960.JPG

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)