Current time: 16/04/2024, 15:53 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseyside & Halton Bus Timetables
RE: Merseyside & Halton Bus Timetables
(14/12/2020 13:49)Liamkennedy2231 Wrote:  They’d come under Merseytravel, but I’m sure a regular passenger doesn’t know if it’s a Merseytravel service, they’d just look for the name they see on the side of the bus. Agreed, it is confusing and maybe they could’ve done more about this, as I anticipate many questions.

Ironically, the usually 3-a-day 201 hospital bus gets a more regular service on Christmas Day at an hourly frequency.

I’ve noticed no special provision for Halton though. It’s confusing as to whether they come under Merseytravel control or not as all stops are Merseytravel branded but there’s no real affiliation. The only Merseytravel-tendered service in Halton is the evening and Sunday 17 Widnes to St Helens and even then that’s more tied to St Helens provision than Widnes.
Halton is under part Merseytravel control because of the LCR and transport precept thing. Halton Council don't want to pay the full transport costs though so they keep the control over tendered services and general transport stuffs. OT but I do think Halton Council should pay up a bit more and move bus stops maintenance and tenders over to Merseytravel (as it would make contracts more competative and there is half a chance that roadside info would get updated more regularly). They won't pay up the full amount though because of the concessionary pass scheme which costs a lot more for the Merseyside entitlement vs the Cheshire entitlement (Halton currently uses the Cheshire scheme).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(14/12/2020 14:41)iMarkeh Wrote:  Halton is under part Merseytravel control because of the LCR and transport precept thing. Halton Council don't want to pay the full transport costs though so they keep the control over tendered services and general transport stuffs. OT but I do think Halton Council should pay up a bit more and move bus stops maintenance and tenders over to Merseytravel (as it would make contracts more competative and there is half a chance that roadside info would get updated more regularly). They won't pay up the full amount though because of the concessionary pass scheme which costs a lot more for the Merseyside entitlement vs the Cheshire entitlement (Halton currently uses the Cheshire scheme).

I agree with you - Merseytravel have a lot more to offer
(14/12/2020 13:49)Liamkennedy2231 Wrote:  They’d come under Merseytravel, but I’m sure a regular passenger doesn’t know if it’s a Merseytravel service, they’d just look for the name they see on the side of the bus. Agreed, it is confusing and maybe they could’ve done more about this, as I anticipate many questions.

Ironically, the usually 3-a-day 201 hospital bus gets a more regular service on Christmas Day at an hourly frequency.

I’ve noticed no special provision for Halton though. It’s confusing as to whether they come under Merseytravel control or not as all stops are Merseytravel branded but there’s no real affiliation. The only Merseytravel-tendered service in Halton is the evening and Sunday 17 Widnes to St Helens and even then that’s more tied to St Helens provision than Widnes.

Another irony is that the route between Eccleston & Prescot via Burrows Lane only has bus services on Christmas Day (H2/H3, St. Helens / Whiston Hospital circulars). As the bus stops on Burrows Lane all say "not in use", I wonder how they expect passengers to know about the services.

Also, if Merseytravel adhere to their notice issued last year, there will be no more printed versions of the Christmas /New Year timetables.
(14/12/2020 19:52)Bevan Price Wrote:  Another irony is that the route between Eccleston & Prescot via Burrows Lane only has bus services on Christmas Day (H2/H3, St. Helens / Whiston Hospital circulars). As the bus stops on Burrows Lane all say "not in use", I wonder how they expect passengers to know about the services.

Also, if Merseytravel adhere to their notice issued last year, there will be no more printed versions of the Christmas /New Year timetables.

There is definitely a lack of publicity, which baffles me because surely they would want as many people to know as possible so they can justify offering them. Surely it wouldn’t be too costly to put a temporary timetable in some of the bus stops at least?

Also yes, when I asked Merseytravel about it they said it would be available on the website, no mention of being able to pick one up from a Travel Centre.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)