Current time: 28/03/2024, 19:13 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Speke Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot
(07/06/2023 07:07)DVG526 Wrote:  There have been a few instances lately of the small buses turning up on City routes, Solo on 82 for instance. Seems like someone there is having a little joke with the allocations, no need for it.

Arriva do not "have a joke" with allocations. If a small bus is what's available, it goes out.

As a driver, I can tell you passengers prefer a small bus which is on time than a missed service. I get more complaints if the bus in front of me hasn't turned up than if I'm on time in a smaller bus than is usual for the route.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
The ‘better than no bus at all’ excuse doesn’t wash at Speke, plenty of deckers and Pulsars to cover the main city routes, no need for midi buses. Pointless anyway as a Solo would be full at one stop on the 82/86 etc.
(07/06/2023 14:33)DVG526 Wrote:  The ‘better than no bus at all’ excuse doesn’t wash at Speke, plenty of deckers and Pulsars to cover the main city routes, no need for midi buses. Pointless anyway as a Solo would be full at one stop on the 82/86 etc.

I don't work at Speke, but I can tell you an Enviro200 and Solo weren't put on high volume city routes for a laugh. For whatever reason(s) on those particular days, Speke didn't have any larger spare buses available. The ratio of spares to peak vehicle requirement can only be so high, otherwise it isn't cost effective.

That said, apart from contract routes, Green Lane and Speke shouldn't have any single deckers. But, we are where we are.
6013 has arrived here this morning from Southport and 674 has now gone to St Helen's.

For recent interests of bus photos please visit my Flickr account below:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/135097870@N02/

For my Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/EfanThomasTheBusEnthusiast/

And check out my Instagram page for more recent bus photos:
@emt_buses.175

Also check out with my TikTok account:
@emt_busenthusiast_175
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(07/06/2023 09:32)CUL 73V Wrote:  Arriva do not "have a joke" with allocations. If a small bus is what's available, it goes out.

As a driver, I can tell you passengers prefer a small bus which is on time than a missed service. I get more complaints if the bus in front of me hasn't turned up than if I'm on time in a smaller bus than is usual for the route.

With Arriva in West Yorkshire last September a bus on a half hourly mainly double-deck service was cancelled and the following bus a 9.3 metre Enviro 200. Hammer
2160 went passed me today on......a 75
(21/06/2023 19:48)mr t Wrote:  2160 went passed me today on......a 75

Usual precautions with Bus Times but it seems to have eventually failed during the afternoon and replaced by 4686, which was taken off for some reason after two duties and then replaced by 4858, although both vehicles don't seem to have seen much use today so I wonder why one never replaced 2160 sooner unless it was specifically for duty reasons.
I noticed ex-Winsford 4491 front LED is now orange/yellow rather than the white ones this batch have used since the Sapphire refurb, saw it on a 86A earlier today wonder if it's had a swap recently?
(26/06/2023 10:39)Gillmoss 0324 Wrote:  I noticed ex-Winsford 4491 front LED is now orange/yellow rather than the white ones this batch have used since the Sapphire refurb, saw it on a 86A earlier today wonder if it's had a swap recently?

It’s had them since 2016, Rhyl fitted a white front during its short stint there around 2020 but was changed back to Orange prior to moving to Speke
2653 has arrived here on loan

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)