Current time: 18/04/2024, 19:46 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Runcorn Area Route Ideas
Runcorn Area Route Ideas
(08/08/2020 10:42)Tf91 Wrote:  Timetables from 30th August now available on the Halton Gov website.

79C is interesting and depending on the time of day that you travel, you will have either welcome or hate the changes. Towards Liverpool you have earlier buses in the morning but lose the last bus from Widnes. Heading East/southbound though, the first bus into Widnes and Runcorn is over 1 hour later and you lose the last bus from Liverpool.
Bit of a raw deal that for Hough Green it seems. I can see it's down to the buses being at Runcorn but still not ideal for local residents.

82A seems to be getting a bit of a raw deal as well. Are the early and late trips on the 500 mainly there for positioning buses to/from the airport with the Airport to Liverpool making the money? Very poor attempts at streamlining the 82A and 62 as well with the buses both departing within 10 mins of eachother. It would be much better to provide a more equal bus service given they are quite similar routes.

Looking at the timetables, I think will now revise my ideas to make the 82A run every 15 mins from Murdishaw to Halebank and perhaps look at diverting the 61 via Halton Lodge (on the current 62 routing). I say this because Clifton Road will have the 79C and the X1.

What are other peoples thoughts on the proposals. Is there anything which you would do differently to what Arriva are doing.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot
(08/08/2020 16:50)iMarkeh Wrote:  79C is interesting and depending on the time of day that you travel, you will have either welcome or hate the changes. Towards Liverpool you have earlier buses in the morning but lose the last bus from Widnes. Heading East/southbound though, the first bus into Widnes and Runcorn is over 1 hour later and you lose the last bus from Liverpool.
Bit of a raw deal that for Hough Green it seems. I can see it's down to the buses being at Runcorn but still not ideal for local residents.

82A seems to be getting a bit of a raw deal as well. Are the early and late trips on the 500 mainly there for positioning buses to/from the airport with the Airport to Liverpool making the money? Very poor attempts at streamlining the 82A and 62 as well with the buses both departing within 10 mins of eachother. It would be much better to provide a more equal bus service given they are quite similar routes.

Looking at the timetables, I think will now revise my ideas to make the 82A run every 15 mins from Murdishaw to Halebank and perhaps look at diverting the 61 via Halton Lodge (on the current 62 routing). I say this because Clifton Road will have the 79C and the X1.

What are other peoples thoughts on the proposals. Is there anything which you would do differently to what Arriva are doing.

Mine is rather far more radical and would involve some other service and may or may not work but here goes

79C - Remain the same (Terminate at Widnes) to allow continue use of double deckers

61 - Renumber to 65 or 66 etc (avoiding confusion with the existing 61) and terminate at Huyton.
In Runcorn i would divert it to run via beechwood road from clifton rd and link up to Halton shopping center via the hospital and palace fields ave.

62 - Renumber to 87/88 (87 on the 62 route and 88 on the 14A route)
If they are being diverted back to the Jubilee Bridge i would divert the 88 (14a) by continue on the express way to Runcorn High st.

82A - Probably pass it over to Speke and terminate at Runcorn High St to allow use of double deckers. Section between there and Murdishaw replace by diverted X1 or just leave it how it is now. Frequency would be every 20 mins mon-sat regardless.

110 - Route and frequent remain the same between Runcorn and Warrington
I would have one or two service extend to Birchwood business park or Centre park in the morning and evening, Giving passengers who work at either of those site from Runcorn or Widnes a direct service without needing to change buses.
I would also try out a 3-6 months trial of a hourly night service (same route as today) every friday and saturday night

500 - Would have done the same as what arriva is planning to do., May possibly offer a 24hr service

X1- Same route to Runcorn as now but fully back to Windmill hill and making it the only bus using the Gateway bridge.
Extend the time to late evenings (last from Runcorn around 10pm and liverpool around 11pm) plus half hourly on sunday/bank holiday service.
I would probably introduce a limited super fast X1 running completely non stop between Liverpool one and Runcorn High st. Two to Liverpool in the morning and 2 return in the evening.
Would also add night service (same as 110) and frequency would have been every 20 mins mon-fri, Half hourly on evenings and sundays

X30 - Route remains the same but increase frequency to half hourly and adding hourly evenings and sundays service

If i really had my way i would place a small order of electric buses for route 1,2 and 3A/C.
I would love the X1 to go back to Windmill Hill and a night services up to 00:00 ,,, and the 79C to every 15mins (daytime)

82A dont terminate at the old town, cos no one would use it tbh
110 well thats just stupid TheShire
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(09/08/2020 04:26)Bobbi_1042_Runcorn Wrote:  I would love the X1 to go back to Windmill Hill and a night services up to 00:00 ,,, and the 79C to every 15mins (daytime)

82A dont terminate at the old town, cos no one would use it tbh
110 well thats just stupid TheShire

Well why not come up with an idea as what iMarkeh has pointed out......

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)