Current time: 06/05/2024, 01:34 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Greater Manchester Service Changes
RE: Greater Manchester Service Changes
(04/08/2021 19:17)iMarkeh Wrote:  You don't need the same stands for interworking buses. Not sure where that idea comes from.

It's common sense that you would do where there's a short turnaround, otherwise you just make things difficult for drivers by adding additional unnecessary reversing movements in to the mix. I would guess if someone was stupid enough to allocate stand 6 at Macc for a 58 arrival and stand 3 for a 14 departure that the High Peak driver would use common sense and go straight in to stand 3 if it's available and drop off the 58 passengers there, before picking up the 14 passengers and going straight back out again. The turnaround time is so short there isn't time to mess around with reversing from one stand to another, even if other drivers aren't trying to reverse out at the same time.

Quote:On one sole point which may back you up, Cheshire East have today updated their bus service changes page to include the 391/392 from September using Wellington Street due to Stockport Bus Station redevelopment. No sign of the Hulleys bus so I would be interested to know if they are aware of it given it isn't posted in todays update.

It wasn't actually my suggestion that there may not have been proper dialogue between Hulleys and Cheshire East. Although, I do recall someone posting on here previously that TfGM don't always get advance notice of new registrations of GM services which they haven't contracted because they aren't copied in on the registration request.

It doesn't look like the registration for the X1 has been accepted by the TC yet so I would say it's normal for Cheshire East to not publicise a new service until it's been confirmed by the TC it can start. Although, with the 191 Lymm Shopper they didn't add it to their website as soon as it was registered, despite Cheshire East actually providing funding towards the new Warrington Borough Council awarded contract so that it serves Little Bollington. Even now it only appears on the changes page with no mention of the route, unless you download the timetable pdf.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Greater Manchester Service Changes - knutstransport - 04/08/2021 19:51

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)