Current time: 06/05/2024, 10:30 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Greater Manchester Service Changes
RE: Greater Manchester Service Changes
(04/08/2021 09:35)djb Wrote:  I can’t see that being an issue unless there’s waiting time planned in. Macc bus station doesn’t exactly have the most intensively used stands.

What I was trying to get at is if there hasn't been proper dialogue between the operator and council it might result in say stand 6 being allocated for Macclesfield-Ashbourne services and stand 4 for Manchester Airport-Macclesfield, which would be impractical when it's actually one through service.

I accept the stands at Macc aren't as intensively used as in the past when the 130 was half-hourly and the 27 was hourly and had a layover at Macc. Although, the services are generally less consistent now e.g. the 19 is no only every 60 minutes so some departures are at xx:50 and others are at xx:20, with the first one being 07:30 and the last being 18:05. Then the other High Peak services are interworked so I think the stand for the 58 arrival needs to be the same as the stand for the 14 departure. It's definitely not getting unworkable but does need some thought to be put in to stand allocations.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Greater Manchester Service Changes - knutstransport - 04/08/2021 17:55

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)