Current time: 06/05/2024, 09:07 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Greater Manchester Service Changes
RE: Greater Manchester Service Changes
(29/07/2021 15:21)knutstransport Wrote:  I think we can be confident that the X1 won't serve Morley Green or provide a link from Altrincham to Wilmslow, so I don't think there's a real risk of it being seen as competing with the subsided 88. However, it does appear to be confirmation that the service will provide a link between Macclesfield, Wilmslow and Manchester Airport. That shouldn't prevent Wilmslow-Colshaw Farm-Handforth operating but it might mean the airport call has to go if it continues to Wythenshawe. I think the route out of Macclesfield will be key for whether it affects the 130 - the hospital and Alderley Park could be seen as places which have a need for bus links to Macclesfield and Wilmslow.

If the X57 times at the airport remain at similar times to the current times then we can expect a morning peak X1 from Macclesfield to Manchester Airport at a similar time to the peak time 130 and the reverse in the evening peak.

We also know from the past that CEC won't contract subsided journeys on a route just because the commercial service is only roughly 2 hourly.

I could be way off but I wouldn’t be surprised if the first northbound service is one connecting with the 1055 departure from the airport. As I mentioned earlier or on another thread, hulleys seem very good at interworking, but they don’t appear to have a resource free to do a morning peak journey at present. But they do have an ashbourne am school contract that fits well with the 1055.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Greater Manchester Service Changes - djb - 29/07/2021 19:20

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)