Current time: 18/04/2024, 12:41 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Greater Manchester Service Changes
RE: Greater Manchester service changes
(16/07/2020 16:39)knutstransport Wrote:  I thought it was strange TfGM said they were sending two services to Handforth Dean as replacement for the 312, given both the services mentioned were hourly. Maybe somebody needs to offer TfGM their services as a proof reader?

I get the impression it’s been a bit rushed. A service I use (the x5) has been reduced to peak time operation stating there are no unique (or similar) sections of route. Which is true, except for the fact that along altrincham road in sharston, the only other service (the 272) has also been withdrawn....
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Diamond Bus have posted their changes. Confirms that they have retained the Sale and Altrincham services, including the new 262 service, restored 245 evening service and the revised 18 service.

217 will be extended to Wythenshawe Hospital, partly replacing services 44 and 179, which are withdrawn. Also confirms withdrawals of 312 and 372, plus loss of contract work in Stockport to Stagecoach, including the 382, which hasn't been mentioned by Stagecoach.

https://www.diamondbuses.com/news/servic...july-2020/
Follow up on yesterday's post from Diamond Bus. The 382 service will be taken over by Go Goodwins, according to TfGM, not Stagecoach, as was stated by Diamond Bus. Sunday journeys are withdrawn.

https://tfgm.com/public-transport/bus/service-changes
I notice the message about the 288 operating to a reduced service has disappeared from the D&G Bus website. Does that mean it's gone down to a 2 hourly Mon-Sat daytime service with no evening or Sunday services permanently?
Derbyshire County Council stating on their Forthcoming changes to bus services page that GB Coaches will operate a replacement 236 service from 7 September 2020 in replacement of Stagecoach's withdrawn 236 service, which they state will be withdrawn on 5 September (not 29 August).

The GB Coaches 236 service will mostly depart and arrive into Glossop at same times as existing 236 timetable but will run a different route to Stagecoach's 236 service, as the GB Coaches 236 service will serve Simmondley and Gamesley in the Glossop area before running along existing 236 service to Stalybridge then into Ashton via Tameside General Hospital. Service will run hourly departing at 35 past the hour between 0735 and 1735 in both directions.

https://www.derbyshire.gov.uk/transport-...vices.aspx
http://www.derbysbus.info/times/timetabl...200906.pdf
(05/08/2020 20:13)SF07 Wrote:  Derbyshire County Council stating on their Forthcoming changes to bus services page that GB Coaches will operate a replacement 236 service from 7 September 2020 in replacement of Stagecoach's withdrawn 236 service, which they state will be withdrawn on 5 September (not 29 August).

The GB Coaches 236 service will mostly depart and arrive into Glossop at same times as existing 236 timetable but will run a different route to Stagecoach's 236 service, as the GB Coaches 236 service will serve Simmondley and Gamesley in the Glossop area before running along existing 236 service to Stalybridge then into Ashton via Tameside General Hospital. Service will run hourly departing at 35 past the hour between 0735 and 1735 in both directions.

https://www.derbyshire.gov.uk/transport-...vices.aspx
http://www.derbysbus.info/times/timetabl...200906.pdf

So Mr Dawes wasn't talking crap this time... They look to be running the service under the NorthWestern Road Car name using darts.
It's a huge lash up on both 42B/C and 378/378A/379 services.The public haven't a clue what runs where and when,which way it goes etc.Some of the bus stops have the wrong numbers on.None of them appear to have timetables-one even has 2016 on it. Not all the public have access to computers.The 42C wastes half an hour doing nothing at Handforth Dean picking up only one or two passengers each time I've seen it. Cheadle Hulme and Bramhall have lost half of their 42B services as a result.For what?

I asked one of the 378A drivers about it-he said''TfGM just threw a map at us and said make a route out of it. This is the result.'' Chaos and utter car crash.
As someone who would generally be in favour of franchising / greater public control this doesn't sound great.
(05/08/2020 21:31)gilbert Wrote:  It's a huge lash up on both 42B/C and 378/378A/379 services.The public haven't a clue what runs where and when,which way it goes etc.Some of the bus stops have the wrong numbers on.None of them appear to have timetables-one even has 2016 on it. Not all the public have access to computers.The 42C wastes half an hour doing nothing at Handforth Dean picking up only one or two passengers each time I've seen it. Cheadle Hulme and Bramhall have lost half of their 42B services as a result.For what?

I asked one of the 378A drivers about it-he said''TfGM just threw a map at us and said make a route out of it. This is the result.'' Chaos and utter car crash.

And under TfGM control (according Burnham's spin) it will all be much better !.
Booze ups and breweries always spring to mind when Local Authorities try to run any business.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)