Current time: 19/04/2024, 08:20 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Greater Manchester Service Changes
RE: Greater Manchester service changes
According to the Manchester Evening News, at least the withdrawal of route 179 has been approved.

I wonder whether the other changes have been approved and who will run the tenders from July 26th?

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/...s-18578598
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Stagecoach confirming the introduction of the 42C and 323 and changes to services 42B, 171/172, 374 and 378 on their website. Also confirms the contract gains from Diamond on services 7, 197, 328 and 329.

It would appear that the Stagecoach service changes should confirm the changes or withdrawals of services 44, 179, 217, 307/308, 312, 372 and 373.

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/promos-and...-july-2020
(11/07/2020 12:41)SF07 Wrote:  Stagecoach confirming the introduction of the 42C and 323 and changes to services 42B, 171/172, 374 and 378 on their website. Also confirms the contract gains from Diamond on services 7, 197, 328 and 329.

It would appear that the Stagecoach service changes should confirm the changes or withdrawals of services 44, 179, 217, 307/308, 312, 372 and 373.

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/promos-and...-july-2020

Thank you for drawing this to our attention.

While this informs us that Stagecoach will gain route 323, we have yet to see who will operate route 382 as this will evidently not be Stagecoach.
So the 378/379 timetable on the Stagecoach website mentions a diversion via Heald Green but doesn't mention serving Handforth Dean, as indicated in the TfGM meeting notes.

Also had a quick look to see if the 42C (part 130 replacement) connects with the Handforth Dean free bus to/from Wilmslow and in the southbound direction it does but gives a long wait in the northbound direction so with that long wait in the northbound direction I don't think it would be practical to make a through journey.
(16/07/2020 09:54)knutstransport Wrote:  So the 378/379 timetable on the Stagecoach website mentions a diversion via Heald Green but doesn't mention serving Handforth Dean, as indicated in the TfGM meeting notes.

Also had a quick look to see if the 42C (part 130 replacement) connects with the Handforth Dean free bus to/from Wilmslow and in the southbound direction it does but gives a long wait in the northbound direction so with that long wait in the northbound direction I don't think it would be practical to make a through journey.

I think the notes are worded incorrectly - the map on the gmca meeting notes has the 378 going straight down stanley road too.
Somebody appears to have deleted my post re the 42B only going through Cheadle Hulme and Bramhall once an hour during the day which is quite patently ludicrous.
(16/07/2020 14:09)gilbert Wrote:  Somebody appears to have deleted my post re the 42B only going through Cheadle Hulme and Bramhall once an hour during the day which is quite patently ludicrous.

I have checked our Logs and can confirm no Post was deleted, Are you sure it was sent?

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I had an issue earlier where the site timed out as I was submitting a post so I had to click the back button and resubmit it. I don't know if anyone else had the same issue.
(16/07/2020 13:19)djb Wrote:  I think the notes are worded incorrectly - the map on the gmca meeting notes has the 378 going straight down stanley road too.

I thought it was strange TfGM said they were sending two services to Handforth Dean as replacement for the 312, given both the services mentioned were hourly. Maybe somebody needs to offer TfGM their services as a proof reader?
(16/07/2020 15:10)T42 PVM Wrote:  I have checked our Logs and can confirm no Post was deleted, Are you sure it was sent?

I would say yes,but obviously cannot prove it as it's no longer there. Maybe I pressed the wrong buttonConfused

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)