Current time: 18/04/2024, 00:35 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Greater Manchester Service Changes
RE: Greater Manchester service changes
(03/07/2020 13:29)knutstransport Wrote:  61 pages of changes, most of which involve re-routing services, withdrawing early/late journeys or reducing the frequency. (It also confirms the previous 391/392 contract they discussed was one awarded to D&G Bus which included an hourly Saturday frequency.)

One perhaps surprising change is:
312 Stockport to Handforth Dean WITHDRAWN
378/379 Stockport to Grove Lane EXTENDED TO HANDFORTH DEAN
42B Manchester –Didsbury – Cheadle– Bramhall – Woodford COMMERCIAL SERVICE FREQUENCY REDUCED TO HOURLY
42C Manchester–Didsbury – Cheadle- Handforth Dean- Handforth NEW SUBSIDED SERVICE MON-SAT HOURLY OPERATED BY STAGECOACH

The final page confirms Manchester Metroshuttle services will return to normal next week, as well as some contracted Transdev services.

https://democracy.greatermanchester-ca.g...rt%20A.pdf

Utterly bizarre sending the 42C and the 378/379 both down Stanley Road to terminate at Handforth Dean (a car orientated destination if ever there was one) and failing to connect up with the 130 (what's left of it).
No joined up (excuse the pun) thinking whatsoever.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Read it last night and some quite bizzare changes such as the 18 being extended to the airport and the 217 being extended to withington.

Obviously the former MCT tenders were only ever temporary but there seems to be quite a few cuts that will effect the PVR at Diamond Eccles after 26th July.
(03/07/2020 16:22)Mayneway Wrote:  Read it last night and some quite bizzare changes such as the 18 being extended to the airport and the 217 being extended to withington.

Obviously the former MCT tenders were only ever temporary but there seems to be quite a few cuts that will effect the PVR at Diamond Eccles after 26th July.

The 217 is being extended beyond Withington and to Wythenshawe Hospital

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(03/07/2020 15:52)KXW212 Wrote:  Utterly bizarre sending the 42C and the 378/379 both down Stanley Road to terminate at Handforth Dean (a car orientated destination if ever there was one) and failing to connect up with the 130 (what's left of it).
No joined up (excuse the pun) thinking whatsoever.

The description under the service number for 42C suggests it will go to Handforth but reading the detail box it mentions continuing to Handforth Retail Park. I think someone at TfGM needs to be clearer about the routes - they are possibly using Handforth, Handforth Retail Park and Handforth Dean to all mean exactly the same terminus.

I think running the 379 to Handforth Dean is more logical than having it terminate at Grove Lane - which seems to be a response to Cheshire East not agreeing to Stagecoach's subsidy demands for continuing to run the service to Wilmslow, meaning they terminate it just before the Cheshire East boundary.

I'm presuming TfGM think some GM residents work at Stanley Green Business Park, so it's their responsibility to ensure there's buses from Cheadle and beyond to there and Handforth Dean is just a convenient place to terminate the service.
(03/07/2020 16:22)Mayneway Wrote:  Read it last night and some quite bizzare changes such as the 18 being extended to the airport

Didn't the 18 used to run to the airport and Altrincham on a commercial basis with the 288 contract replacing the Altrincham-Airport section after Arriva truncated the 18 route?
I notice that Stagecoach will reinstate some Mon-Sat evening and most Sunday journeys on route 197, plus most Mon-Sat evening and Sunday journeys on route 329.

I had hoped to ride a Sunday route 197 journey with Diamond on the August Bank Holiday, or later had these continued. I now know that these are ceasing at close of play on July 25th.
(04/07/2020 10:07)Metroline1511 Wrote:  I notice that Stagecoach will reinstate some Mon-Sat evening and most Sunday journeys on route 197, plus most Mon-Sat evening and Sunday journeys.

I had hoped to ride a Sunday route 197 journey with Diamond on the August Bank Holiday, or later had these continued. I now know that these are ceasing at close of play on July 25th.

The emergency tenders for the former MCT routes expire on 25th July.
(04/07/2020 09:54)knutstransport Wrote:  The description under the service number for 42C suggests it will go to Handforth but reading the detail box it mentions continuing to Handforth Retail Park. I think someone at TfGM needs to be clearer about the routes - they are possibly using Handforth, Handforth Retail Park and Handforth Dean to all mean exactly the same terminus.

I think running the 379 to Handforth Dean is more logical than having it terminate at Grove Lane - which seems to be a response to Cheshire East not agreeing to Stagecoach's subsidy demands for continuing to run the service to Wilmslow, meaning they terminate it just before the Cheshire East boundary.

I'm presuming TfGM think some GM residents work at Stanley Green Business Park, so it's their responsibility to ensure there's buses from Cheadle and beyond to there and Handforth Dean is just a convenient place to terminate the service.

The map clearly has the 42C turning left into Stanley Road, missing Handforth and a connecting facility with the 130. This could well be not wanting to go cross border, a mistake or just incompetence. It's TfGM, so probably all three.
(04/07/2020 09:56)knutstransport Wrote:  Didn't the 18 used to run to the airport and Altrincham on a commercial basis with the 288 contract replacing the Altrincham-Airport section after Arriva truncated the 18 route?

That’s the way I remember it, although i can’t remember whether the 18 was tendered between altrincham and airport in the eves before it was truncated.
(04/07/2020 10:50)djb Wrote:  That’s the way I remember it, although i can’t remember whether the 18 was tendered between altrincham and airport in the eves before it was truncated.

Originally the 18 used to run from Altrincham to the Airport, Wythenshawe, Sale, Stretford to the Trafford Centre. The whole route was tendered in evenings.

In 2009, the 245 was renumbered at 18A and extended from Altrincham to the Airport. It was renumbered back to 245 less than 6 month later and the extension to the Airport withdrawn.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)