Current time: 28/04/2024, 20:24 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Greater Manchester Service Changes
RE: Greater Manchester Service Changes
(05/03/2021 01:24)Mayneway Wrote:  Best part of doing the 415’s is the layover haha
Best part for drivers, not the best part for the public who are paying for drivers to be sat around haha.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(05/03/2021 03:48)iMarkeh Wrote:  Best part for drivers, not the best part for the public who are paying for drivers to be sat around haha.

To be fair it’s TFGM that won’t budge on the timings or layover. I think it’s been asked more than once to love the 40 min layover to Middleton at least so firstly there’s somewhere safe to park and secondly facilities for the drivers because In Oldham there’s nothing.
Official confirmation of Arriva losing the contracted work on services 494, 501, 507, 510, 561/562 from next month.

https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/latest-news/...n-and-bury
(08/03/2021 18:20)SF07 Wrote:  Official confirmation of Arriva losing the contracted work on services 494, 501, 507, 510, 561/562 from next month.

https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/latest-news/...n-and-bury

Any ideas who will be taking over on these services. Mainly 494 and 510. Tried looking on TFGM website as per the arriva website but cant find any info
Should imagine Vision Bus would be a likely contender for these services, as they have gained several contracts in the Bolton area in the last year or so. Alternatives would be Diamond (who run the daytime journeys on the Bolton routes) or Rosso/Transdev (who currently run the Monday-Saturday evening journeys on the 510).

The 510 was proposed to be withdrawn and replaced by a new evening/Sunday service on the 511, which should also replace the 536.

Should imagine we'll get some more details in the coming days and weeks.
Out of interest not to sure if it would but could the ongoing situation with Go Northwest have an affect on the service/tender changes due next month?

I've heard and read that they are apparently due to take on work in Middleton and maybe the current 94 service so surely before taking them on the drivers will need route learning something that is unlikely to happen at the moment so will TfGM have a back-up plan/operator that could take them on if Go Northwest are unable to?
(09/03/2021 07:28)M60lad Wrote:  Out of interest not to sure if it would but could the ongoing situation with Go Northwest have an affect on the service/tender changes due next month?

I've heard and read that they are apparently due to take on work in Middleton and maybe the current 94 service so surely before taking them on the drivers will need route learning something that is unlikely to happen at the moment so will TfGM have a back-up plan/operator that could take them on if Go Northwest are unable to?
I don't think it will change things. If the driver numbers there stay the same, it would probably be a case of putting the 53 to one of the other companies who is helping them out and then those GNW drivers who are working going off and doing any contract wins.

Alternatively, GoAhead could, with permission from TFGM, sub contract out the routes. This is in TFGMs hands though on whether their contracts allow it and if TFGM will agree to it on this occasion.
(09/03/2021 07:28)M60lad Wrote:  Out of interest not to sure if it would but could the ongoing situation with Go Northwest have an affect on the service/tender changes due next month?

Why would it effect things?? GNW are operating all their tenders as normal. There’s around 30 drivers sat around with nothing to do so once it’s been confirmed who’s won what they will get these drivers out route learning.
You’d actually be surprised how many, or how few drivers actually know the 34 and the 415.
I'd be actually surprised in theory how many drivers know 415 considering Queens Road under both First and now Go Ahead have never operated the route before.

As for 34 I would have thought that there would be quite a number of drivers that actually know the route considering the current route is a mix of routes that Queens Road currently operate and have operated in the past, I know for a fact that Queens Road Depot isn't a stranger to Leigh Depot considering they used to operate 26 service in the past.
(08/03/2021 18:29)Transport Couple Wrote:  Tried looking on TFGM website as per the arriva website but cant find any info

TfGM usually give very little notice of any changes. On the plus side after the change date there will be a full set of new timetables on the TfGM website, unlike the Cheshire councils who refer you to the operator's websites except when the operator doesn't have a website or their website doesn't include bus timetable information.

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)