Current time: 29/04/2024, 06:36 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Greater Manchester Service Changes
RE: Greater Manchester Service Changes
(01/03/2021 17:24)T42 PVM Wrote:  Go North West have registered the 129 Middleton Circ today so would be for this (Maybe others?)

Load of Stagecoach and Arriva cancellations and revisions have gone through. Additionally, lots of short term changes to Go North West services effective from yesterday.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(01/03/2021 17:24)T42 PVM Wrote:  Go North West have registered the 129 Middleton Circ today so would be for this (Maybe others?)

They wouldn’t need 3 solos for a 1 bus working that could easily be done with the existing Enviro200’s. I suspect they have won more, although originally I was told the Solos were for the 415 freeing up the Enviro200’s for other work.
I'm guessing any additional vehicles for Go Northwest could be on hold at the moment due to the current indusrial action as I dont think anything is entering or leaving the Depot at the present time.
(01/03/2021 19:27)Mayneway Wrote:  They wouldn’t need 3 solos for a 1 bus working that could easily be done with the existing Enviro200’s. I suspect they have won more, although originally I was told the Solos were for the 415 freeing up the Enviro200’s for other work.

If they are for 415, please let them have decent suspension instead of the brick hard suspension the ones first Manchester had
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(02/03/2021 12:45)NorthernCounties Wrote:  If they are for 415, please let them have decent suspension instead of the brick hard suspension the ones first Manchester had

I heard months ago they were bringing in Solos from the North east as they deal with the 50 speed bumps on the route a lot better than the Enviro200’s so could see them being swapped. Good news regarding them winning the 129 though.
Not many changes mentioned in the forthcoming GMCA Bus Services sub committee meeting:

• 6 (Transdev): The evening service between Rochdale and Kirkholt proposed to be reduced to hourly.
  • 17/18 (Go North West): Early evening service proposed to be reduced from every 10 minutes each to every 15 minutes each (7-8 mins combined)
  • 17B (Go North West): New journey introduced between Middleton and Stake Hill Industrial Estate, running one return journey at 0643 from Middleton, returning at 0654.
  • 111/113 (Stagecoach Lancs): Due to changes to tendered services by Lancashire County Council, existing service 113 between Wigan and Preston will be replaced between Leyland and Wigan by an extended 111 service, meaning services between Wigan and Preston will run via Lostock Hall instead of Bamber Bridge. Service also re-routed between Standish and Wigan to run via Rectory Lane and Chorley Road, replacing current services 640/641.
  • 129 (Go North West): Go North West to take over the Middleton-Hollin service with frequency reduced from every 40 minutes to every 60 minutes.
  • 151 (Go Goodwins/Little Gem): Service extended from Failsworth to Ashton, replacing service 397 with service taken over by Go Goodwins. Service re-routed in Failsworth to run via Church Street instead of Pole Street, to avoid services in both directions using the stops at James Street (near end of Roman Road junction).
  • 458 (Transdev): Hourly evening service introduced between Rochdale and Stansfield via Wardle, Hollingworth Lake and Littleborough.
  • 500 (Vision Bus): Bolton Metroshuttle service withdrawn. Various services cover parts of the route around the town centre for people with concessionary passes.
  • 640/641 (Warrington's Own Buses): Services re-routed to serve Bradley Lane, Platt Land and Chorley Road, to restore a bus service to the Worthington area of Wigan. Service 111 (current 113) is re-routed to serve Rectory Lane, as a replacement.
  • Logistics North Local Link (Telecars): Service proposed to be withdrawn. Services 20 and 38 currently serving Logistics North with service 521 re-routed in April 2021 to provide links from Logistics North to Westhoughton and Farnworth.

https://democracy.greatermanchester-ca.g...rt%20A.pdf
https://democracy.greatermanchester-ca.g...3&MId=4394
(01/03/2021 19:27)Mayneway Wrote:  They wouldn’t need 3 solos for a 1 bus working that could easily be done with the existing Enviro200’s. I suspect they have won more, although originally I was told the Solos were for the 415 freeing up the Enviro200’s for other work.

Is the 415 a 1 or 2 bus allocation? If its a 2 bus then the three would now make sense, 2 for the 415, 1 for the 129, any Solos off the road could then be replaced by an Enviro200 as and when, strange to see just how battered GNWs Enviro200's get on the 415, Stagecoach's Skirt panels and bumpers don't get half as damaged.
With the 415 and 129, I am surprised that there wasn't a counter offer of interworking. The 129 takes 35 minutes and the bus in Oldham has 40 minutes layover. Scrap the Oldham layover, interwork the services, save 1 bus.
(04/03/2021 16:39)Solo40336 Wrote:  Is the 415 a 1 or 2 bus allocation? If its a 2 bus then the three would now make sense, 2 for the 415, 1 for the 129, any Solos off the road could then be replaced by an Enviro200 as and when, strange to see just how battered GNWs Enviro200's get on the 415, Stagecoach's Skirt panels and bumpers don't get half as damaged.

It’s a 2 bus working so makes perfect sense. I know from my days at MCT Solos cope better with speed bumps than Enviro200’s. Solos would work better with late evening runs on the 90’s up in bury too.
Having said that there’s rumours GNW could have won the 94 which is supposedly being extended to Bury - allowing the withdrawal of the tryers service from pilsworth Asda to bury. The Solos could fit in with that.
(04/03/2021 21:30)iMarkeh Wrote:  With the 415 and 129, I am surprised that there wasn't a counter offer of interworking. The 129 takes 35 minutes and the bus in Oldham has 40 minutes layover. Scrap the Oldham layover, interwork the services, save 1 bus.

Best part of doing the 415’s is the layover haha

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)