Current time: 26/04/2024, 08:38 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

North West Bus Service Changes due to Coronavirus outbreak
RE: North West Bus Service Changes due to Coronavirus outbreak
Not the best place to ask but Arriva have mentioned on Twitter that they plan to make timetable adjustments on July 18th from a tweet I found, but I think this is supposed to be summer timetables coming into effect, is this correct?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(08/07/2021 18:01)NathanR Wrote:  Not the best place to ask but Arriva have mentioned on Twitter that they plan to make timetable adjustments on July 18th from a tweet I found, but I think this is supposed to be summer timetables coming into effect, is this correct?
Yes, summer timetables kick in.
https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/latest-news/...merseyside
https://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/travel-u...e-changes/
(08/07/2021 18:06)iMarkeh Wrote:  Yes, summer timetables kick in.
https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/latest-news/...merseyside
https://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/travel-u...e-changes/

This has been going on for a few years now , there will be a corresponding registration at the start of September to restore to a more normal service .
(08/07/2021 18:01)NathanR Wrote:  Not the best place to ask but Arriva have mentioned on Twitter that they plan to make timetable adjustments on July 18th from a tweet I found, but I think this is supposed to be summer timetables coming into effect, is this correct?

There will be a drop in service due to staff shortages, sickness etc so dropping some routes down to a Saturday service for the foreseeable
(09/07/2021 08:23)chris-s Wrote:  There will be a drop in service due to staff shortages, sickness etc so dropping some routes down to a Saturday service for the foreseeable
It will help any shortages but I don't think that is the main reason, just summer timetables as always happens to take into account the unis not being in, reduced journey times and less people travelling more generally.
Not sure if this belongs here but just learned from tonight's press conference that face coverings are now compulsory on public transport again, with the review of these rules taking place in three weeks.
Actually from what I can regarding face coverings Sajid Javid is due to give more details on this in the next couple of days although how its going to be policed I don't know as I can't see all bus drivers forcing people into wearing masks for fear of a backlash.

Same on the trams in Manchester, despite it being a by-law saying you've got to wear a mask while travelling on Metrolink I've never seen the by-law actually enforced and passengers being done for not wearing one, I mean I've even seen Metrolink staff themselves not wearing masks when travelling.
(27/11/2021 18:14)NathanR Wrote:  Not sure if this belongs here but just learned from tonight's press conference that face coverings are now compulsory on public transport again, with the review of these rules taking place in three weeks.

Changes come in effect on Monday from what I've heard
(28/11/2021 06:52)M60lad Wrote:  Actually from what I can regarding face coverings Sajid Javid is due to give more details on this in the next couple of days although how its going to be policed I don't know as I can't see all bus drivers forcing people into wearing masks for fear of a backlash.

Same on the trams in Manchester, despite it being a by-law saying you've got to wear a mask while travelling on Metrolink I've never seen the by-law actually enforced and passengers being done for not wearing one, I mean I've even seen Metrolink staff themselves not wearing masks when travelling.

The bye-law was enforced on trams. Punters were asked to either put a mask on, show exemption or leave at the next stop.

Let’s not forget the transport industry was heavily propped up financially during the last mask wearing so operators could afford to refuse non mask wearers etc, it’s a very different story now. I think this could make issues with staff shortages etc worse.
I wonder if people who like me are exempt from wearing coverings for medical reasons will end uo being forced to wear them or be completely denied travel.

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)