Current time: 18/04/2024, 10:15 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Northern Trains Ltd
RE: Northern Trains Ltd
Good job most offices didn't reopen as normal today, as per the original government plan. Northern cancelled a whole of peak time services this morning due to staff shortages.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(19/07/2021 19:00)knutstransport Wrote:  Good job most offices didn't reopen as normal today, as per the original government plan. Northern cancelled a whole of peak time services this morning due to staff shortages.
You may critisize but Northern has a reputation to keep up here. People would be more disappointed if the trains ran. pmsl
(19/07/2021 19:04)iMarkeh Wrote:  You may critisize but Northern has a reputation to keep up here. People would be more disappointed if the trains ran. pmsl

But Burnham and Rotheram said taking the franchise off Arriva was a solution to the problems. Laugh
DfT/Network Rail road map indicates 6 car 323 operation on Northern from 2022 and procurement of new rolling stock to replace class 150s to commence in 2023

https://democracy.transportforthenorth.c...oadMap.pdf
(15/08/2021 18:04)knutstransport Wrote:  DfT/Network Rail road map indicates 6 car 323 operation on Northern from 2022 and procurement of new rolling stock to replace class 150s to commence in 2023

https://democracy.transportforthenorth.c...oadMap.pdf

Wonder if northern are getting all 26 323s from WMT with this announcement

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonesy3001/

If it's not in london they dont want to know
(15/08/2021 19:05)jonesy3001 Wrote:  Wonder if northern are getting all 26 323s from WMT with this announcement

If they have 17 currently then all 26 would mean 323s being introduced on services which are currently 319s/331s/769s. Otherwise even if all the current 323 diagrams became 6 car Northern would have too many.
Its basically all fantasy until it is known how COVID ultimately affects traffic - "airport" might even stop being the magic word that hurls all common sense out of the window.
Northern have released £1 advance fares this morning - their site has gone down as a consequence.
I don't think they've thought this through - passengers who would travel anyway will be paying £1, but no one is going to say I won't pay £27.50 to risk catching a fatal disease, but if its only going to cost me a pound that's OK.
(24/08/2021 14:37)mikestone Wrote:  I don't think they've thought this through - passengers who would travel anyway will be paying £1, but no one is going to say I wont pay £27.50 to risk catching a fatal disease, but if its inly going to cos me a pound that's OK.

The risk of getting COVID is low if you're double jabbed and take sensible precautions.

I notice for my old commute I can get £1 single fares, for peak time services. If I was still making that commute I could pay £2 for every day the promotion is running instead of the approx. £130 for a monthly season ticket. However, if you usually drive and have to pay for parking then £1 fares might tempt you to try the train. For that to work Northern need to provide a reliable service during the promotion period, otherwise anyone who does that will switch back to the car.

I've purchased one of them, for a short single journey I plan to make in September. I have a number of complimentary single vouchers still to use from numerous delays in early 2020 so it means I'm saving one of those for another time.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)