Current time: 19/04/2024, 00:21 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Manchester bus franchising
RE: Manchester bus franchising
Forgive me if this has already been asked but are any cross boundary routes at all included in franchising or are all of them going to be still commercial?

Youtube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWlqEkh...wHyRfm5C_A
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(28/02/2023 13:21)Y458 KNF Wrote:  Forgive me if this has already been asked but are any cross boundary routes at all included in franchising or are all of them going to be still commercial?
if route is currently run from a GM depot it is within scope for franchising. But if the route depot is outside of GM it will be commercial but they will need a permit and will have to take GM bus fares and passes as far as I know.
(04/03/2023 00:14)Mrboo Wrote:  if route is currently run from a GM depot it is within scope for franchising. But if the route depot is outside of GM it will be commercial but they will need a permit and will have to take GM bus fares and passes as far as I know.

It'll be similar to London, were you can operate non TFL services from depots outside TFL area, into TFL area, but have to apply to TFL for a London Service Permit to operate such services.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
Tfgm are to build a new depot which will be able to house 250 electric buses.... central park is the preferred location...so this surely means that Queens rd & Middleton will close
Could it be Middleton and Oldham depots? particularly due to the condition of the latter.
(27/03/2023 12:03)Citibus Wrote:  Could it be Middleton and Oldham depots? particularly due to the condition of the latter.
Well first have demo bus currently. But it could be Queen road and Oldham road routes.
(27/03/2023 08:23)Michael Wrote:  Tfgm are to build a new depot which will be able to house 250 electric buses.... central park is the preferred location...so this surely means that Queens rd & Middleton will close

Go ahead have heavily refurbished Queens road? Infact work is still ongoing would be a huge blow if that’s the case.
(27/03/2023 21:48)Mayneway Wrote:  Go ahead have heavily refurbished Queens road? Infact work is still ongoing would be a huge blow if that’s the case.

Well who wants to take on a Grade II listed depot? Along with what has happened with the unions?

By breaking up the depot well makes it more inviting for tenders. That could be a reason also can Queens road just like Oldham handle the full fleet being charged overnight? as open-plan depots work better for this?

At central park that would work for Rochdale road and Oldham road routes and also free bus. with depots in Rochdele and Ashton covering Oldham.
Does anyone know this answer. stagecoach Middleton' is that going to be tendered as a big depot or small? As was Jpt was a independenl. I would class it as small.
(29/03/2023 13:52)Mrboo Wrote:  Does anyone know this answer. stagecoach Middleton' is that going to be tendered as a big depot or small? As was Jpt was a independenl. I would class it as small.

It’s made up of two independents though. Bluebird and JPT.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)