Current time: 24/05/2024, 19:05 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Rossendalebus
RE: Rossendalebus
Which route did the old 460 bus route take from Rochdale to Bury?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Old 460 route here goes (I used to travel on it quite often)

Same as current 468 route then left down Queens Park Road to Heywood
Round onto Market Street
Onto Bamford Road
Left Claybank Street
Right Furness Avenue
Left Cedar Avenue
Right Bank Top Street
Right Cherwell Avenue
Left Higher Lomax Lane
Right Bury New Road
Current 471 route to Bury

Hope this helps
Thanks for your explanation M60lad.

I assume this route was replaced with the 461 (old 461 not the reincarnation) just before the millennium?

The old 461 went down Spotland and Edenfield Road as opposed to the current 461 route and eventually replaced the 443 down the Elmsfield Rd area?
Can anyone tell me if 101 is still running because I am sure I saw it today in bury interchange but I know someone who hasn't seen it since august. Any help will be much appreciated
I was trying to get the 484 today and one of the 2001 President's turned up but only let a few school kids on and then left without letting anyone else on. I waited for quite a while for the next one but then I left after I saw 66873 going through on the 472 for the second time. Is this school only bus now?
There are a few on the school bus list that have normal route numbers, e.g.

469 St Gabriel's - Rochdale
483 St Gabriel's - Walmersley

I've just noticed one that runs as 469 (AM) to Tottington HS and returns (PM) as 484.

It was in Bury interchange and left with only a few people on it.
(21/11/2014 20:16)Dentonian Wrote:  No. if it is registered with the traffic commissioner, it must carry the general public unless genuinely full. If not, Rosso are falsely claiming BSOG.

You don't say where - or cruicially when - this happened. If it was near the relevant school this afternoon, and the bus wasn't full, then there is no excuse for not picking up you and other intending passengers. If it was in the morning, and the driver had genuine concerns about the bus overloading, then they should consider either a dupe, or proposed renumbering into the 7xx/8xx/9xx series. Indeed, I think one or two other Rosso journeys to/in GM have been renumbered for this reason.

So does that mean school services that run with 7xx/8xx/9xx don't have to carry the general public even though there registered with VOSA/TC?
(21/11/2014 22:02)Dentonian Wrote:  Technically, they do, but the "school series" number tends to indicate they are primarily for schoolchildren. The original principle was that school services had a seperate number, but afternoon ones which were broadly similar to a normal route should use that number, so that once the children are safely accomodated, other passengers should be able to board.

I suspect most people assume it's a designated school service just for school kids going to one perticular school as normally the service number and either name of the school or simply 'school service' is displayed. I know Warrington transport used to display on thier blinds that it was a school service but was available to members of the public too.

I would imagine whether operators allow the public to use school services or not isn't something that's heavily checked unless an aggrieved passenger takes the time to complain. I do remember a few years ago being told about someone who tried to board a school service and the bemused driver ended up charging him two child fares as he didn't have any adult fare information available.
Rosso offering some reduced fares on Day Rover tickets for this week only:

http://rossobus.com/article.shtml?articleid=4194
(21/11/2014 22:13)Mayneway Wrote:  I suspect most people assume it's a designated school service just for school kids going to one perticular school as normally the service number and either name of the school or simply 'school service' is displayed. I know Warrington transport used to display on thier blinds that it was a school service but was available to members of the public too.

I would imagine whether operators allow the public to use school services or not isn't something that's heavily checked unless an aggrieved passenger takes the time to complain. I do remember a few years ago being told about someone who tried to board a school service and the bemused driver ended up charging him two child fares as he didn't have any adult fare information available.

I've never seen a Rosso bus showing "School Service" on the destination. They run quite a few "normal" service journeys now that start or end at schools, most seem to be Olympians.

I've traveled on that 484 that starts at Tottington High and there were quite a few adults on board. It showed "484 ACCRINGTON" on the destination so there was nothing to deter any other passenger from getting on.

User(s) browsing this thread: