Current time: 05/05/2024, 14:32 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Rossendalebus
RE: Rossendalebus
Daytime journey's on the 469? I wonder what First will say about that.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Rossendalebus's fares have been revised from today (31 March):

Single fares:
*£1.10 - reduced to £1
*£1.80 - some reduced to £1.60, some increased to £2
*£2 - most unchanged
*£2.20 - increased to £2.40
*£2.40 - most unchanged
*£2.70 - increased to £3
*£3 - most unchanged
*£3.10 - increased to £3.60
*£2.40 - most unchanged
*£3.90 - increased to £4.40 except for in Greater Manchester, where GM Saver ticket will be charged instead
*£4.40 - most unchanged

Child fares will be approximately two-thirds the adult price.

RossendaleRover tickets
*1 Day: £4.50 -> £4.70
*2 Day: No longer available
*3 Day: Remains at £12
*4 Day: No longer available
*7 Day: £19 -> £20

GM Saver tickets remain unchanged.

http://www.rossendalebus.blogspot.co.uk/...fo-at.html
them prices are a bit high

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Those fares are horrific to be honest. Their competitiors at Lancashire United charge £4.20 for a Spot On Day pass (I think) and First Manchester charge £4.00 for a FirstDay.

Just reading some timetables on the TFGM website and it is interesting that they are reducing frequency on some of their most popular commercial routes in Greater Manchester with 444 going back to half-hourly and 468 also reducing to half-hourly. At least from Bamford/Fairfield/Jericho-Bury the frequencies will be better alligned.
The 468 is being reduced, but in theory becomes a variant of a 15-minute service (when the 469 is included).
(07/04/2013 15:32)Polo Mint Wrote:  Those fares are horrific to be honest. Their competitiors at Lancashire United charge £4.20 for a Spot On Day pass (I think) and First Manchester charge £4.00 for a FirstDay.

The Spot On Day ticket is only for travel in Blackburn (with Darwen) and Hyndburn boroughs. Given the breadth of area covered by the Rossendalebus network, it might be more useful comparing against a Silver 1 Day ticket, which is £6. Rossendalebus also have a GMsaver 1 day ticket, for travel within Greater Manchester only, which costs £4.
135 (PO51 WEC) is still in service, I missed it leaving Bury on the 468 but beat it to Rochdale on the 471 to get it back to bury.
I was completley unaware about RDT having different Day tickets for the areas they serve, and I didn't realise the competition was so highly priced.

One thing I must say is the fleet always looks good. The Volvo/Scania fleet are great and there is a noticeable reduction in Solo's which is excellent (they are very comfy but were often placed on peak time routes)

Can anyone shed any light on the school fleet? I understand the yellow and blue deckers are ex-Metrobus vehicles, but what about the Blue/baige ones? Where did they come from? Also I have seen pics of burdgandy/baige ones. Do they not want to paint them, or do they think an old fleet in their livery will tarnish the brand?

I also believe there were Olympians in the Rossendale Transport fleet, in non-Handyrider/Easyride scheme. Hopefully they will buy some modern deckers like the B9 for busy routes.
(07/04/2013 19:07)Polo Mint Wrote:  I was completley unaware about RDT having different Day tickets for the areas they serve, and I didn't realise the competition was so highly priced.

One thing I must say is the fleet always looks good. The Volvo/Scania fleet are great and there is a noticeable reduction in Solo's which is excellent (they are very comfy but were often placed on peak time routes)

Can anyone shed any light on the school fleet? I understand the yellow and blue deckers are ex-Metrobus vehicles, but what about the Blue/baige ones? Where did they come from? Also I have seen pics of burdgandy/baige ones. Do they not want to paint them, or do they think an old fleet in their livery will tarnish the brand?

I also believe there were Olympians in the Rossendale Transport fleet, in non-Handyrider/Easyride scheme. Hopefully they will buy some modern deckers like the B9 for busy routes.

Think School Fleet seem to be repainted whenever theres paint leftover - carnt seem them buying B9TLs - more like Ex-London B7TL/Tridents
The 2 Volvo Olympians in maroon/beige and blue/beige where repainted in the old corporation colours for the centenary back in 2007.

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)