Current time: 16/04/2024, 21:53 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Rossendalebus
RE: Rossendalebus
The problem with this is there's still quite a few PSV mot stations that only do written paperwork and its known that paying road tax at the post office can lead to the dvla website to say there's no mot or tax, so its easily possible it currently has both
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(04/11/2018 12:36)mikestone Wrote:  I wouldn't put it in the same category as running a bus with no MOT but wouldn't put it past somebody taking a design consultants idea and not bothering to check it. I would imagine it could easily be read as a 6 with some fancy squiggles, or even just seen as a solid block by someone with poor eyesight.

Having now looked at the regulations they don't seem to seem to specify any legibility requirements other than a minimum size.
Find all posts by this user
(05/11/2018 11:42)mikestone Wrote:  Having now looked at the regulations they don't seem to seem to specify any legibility requirements other than a minimum size.

Yep, largely “guidelines”, rather than legal requirements - so nothing illegal.
I believe the whole ‘no MoT’ allegation only came from keyboard warriors who don’t understand that details on websites aren’t always accurate - particularly relating to PCV vehicles.
(06/11/2018 22:42)Neukit Wrote:  Yep, largely “guidelines”, rather than legal requirements - so nothing illegal.
I believe the whole ‘no MoT’ allegation only came from keyboard warriors who don’t understand that details on websites aren’t always accurate - particularly relating to PCV vehicles.

Yet again so called 'enthusiasts' who will spend hours on dvla mot and tax checker sites and assume because the reg either doesn't come up or comes up with 'no mot held' it's on the road illegally.
Rosso have posted details of their services over the Christmas and New Year period, a full 48 days before Christmas. Rosso will be running hourly services on Boxing Day on services 468, 469 and Red4.

http://rossobus.com/article.shtml?articleid=8913
Looks like some of Rosso's Burnley Depot drivers have been trained up on Burnley Depot's ticket machines as I caught Rosso's 466 Rawtenstall-Todmorden yesterday which was one of the grey Dennis Triident Plaxton Presidents complete with Rosso driver and the ticket machine was fully working and programmed for the route so I'm guessing Rosso Routes are now programmed into the machines and would guess this is also the same at Intack for when Blackburn Bus Company vehicles are used on Rosso routes.
(07/11/2018 19:45)SF07 Wrote:  Rosso have posted details of their services over the Christmas and New Year period, a full 48 days before Christmas. Rosso will be running hourly services on Boxing Day on services 468, 469 and Red4.

http://rossobus.com/article.shtml?articleid=8913

As with Stagecoach in Liverpool, this news is a nice early Christmas present.
(08/11/2018 06:34)M60lad Wrote:  Looks like some of Rosso's Burnley Depot drivers have been trained up on Burnley Depot's ticket machines as I caught Rosso's 466 Rawtenstall-Todmorden yesterday which was one of the grey Dennis Triident Plaxton Presidents complete with Rosso driver and the ticket machine was fully working and programmed for the route so I'm guessing Rosso Routes are now programmed into the machines and would guess this is also the same at Intack for when Blackburn Bus Company vehicles are used on Rosso routes.

It will assist with integrated ticketing if all buses can use the same ticket machine types irrespective of Transdev or Rosso heritage.
I'm not sure if it's been mentioned but ex Bus Vannin Tridents FF04 JBX/Y/JXL/M/N are now here from Nottingham City Transport
(24/11/2018 13:56)Y474 KNF Wrote:  I'm not sure if it's been mentioned but ex Bus Vannin Tridents FF04 JBX/Y/JXL/M/N are now here from Nottingham City Transport

I think they have had them since about August. They were acquired to replace older buses on TFGM School contracts and are numbered 2801-5.

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)